ARe We Protected?

Best answers
I just wanted to know is esf mod protected from people like funimation? just today soemone brought up the thing about bid for power having to replace their model cuz of Funi. and jsut today the mod opera was closed down by the goverment i jsut wanted to know i don't want to see esf go down the drian cuz of either of those groups

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if that happens, they should do the same thing as the bfp-team
replace the models and release them on fanpages or something like that

but i think it wouldn´t happened, because esf is hl-based and bfp is q3-based and the hl-engine is not longer interesting for designers

the only reason they must do it in bfp is that funimation themself wants to release a game

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Hey genius!
BFP as closed down for REAL leagal issues..

The Opera was "shut down" by the Government because...

ITS APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

dummy head..

And yes, this mod IS in constant danger of being found and shut down by FUNimation..

Really...it's a matter of time..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they just wait for the new beta and when esf is bug-free, they will shut it down :D
as long as nobody releases something better, there´s no reason to complain :S

Best answers
I jus think that anyone should be able to make games for anything. to me closing down those mods is jus stupid. i mean the makers don't git paided and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they close down mods cos they lose money from them, e.g infograms is makeing a ps2 dbz game and funi shut bfp down cos it would turn out better then the ps2 game, so now bfp just rubbed it in there faces by makeing they own models heh

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BFP was most likely shut down because of the persistant rumor of Ifogrames licensing the QIII engine for a PC DBZ game.

That would make DBQ, SOS, and BFP prime targets for FUNIkiller.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well u better have protection againts me....

ps. /me is back from vacation! yay!

Best answers
I am from Funimation once we shut down DragonModZ then this will get shut down next...

LOL just kidding its still April Fools for me

BTW http://dmz.flagrun.net/main.php made a gay April Fools Joke saying they released a new beta.

Anyway Im gunna be left out cause if they make a DBZ game for PS2 I wont have the system to play it in. And im not gunna by PS2 because of this game cost for system = $300.00 + tax and cost for game = $49.95 + tax.

Just not woth it.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
then don't buy the system for some half-arsed dbz game..but it for every OTHER game that's on the system..
MGS2, Devil May Cry, GTA3, Virtua Fighter 4, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2...and the list goes on..

Its no suprise that the PS2 is STILL on top of people's gaming-wants lists..
More people se the PS2 winning the console war than any other system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and dont forget zeonic front...... (and jtj on a lesser note....)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well i asked the webmaster of dmz about the disclaimer they had. funimation cant do anything cuz they got one.. law thing..

BUT! ESF got a copyright, that ownz! that even better than a disclaimer but cost money. So yes we are protected.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well "we" arnt protected... the game is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i happan to know if funi get ahold of this md they will shut it down then kill all who have been apart of it, incudleing the fourms members...

ohh cr*p!

run for the hills!!

*dives out the window*

only jokeing :p copyright rules

Banned
Banned
Best answers
That disclaimer that DMZ has on their site.....it does nothing.
Its not legally binding, it wouldn't stop FUNi from prosecuting over their own property.

And..I don't see how ESF could have been copyrighted..you cant copyright copyrighted material..

If I'm wrong..let me know

Oh, and Hibiki..is Zeonic Front any good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot

And..I don't see how ESF could have been copyrighted..you cant copyright copyrighted material..
well o_O thats a good point, i dont think its copyrighted anymore, cos copyrighting over a copyright is not copyright and will never be copyright cos the copyright is all ready copyrighted

or something..

Best answers
Originally posted by The New Akuma
they close down mods cos they lose money from them, e.g infograms is makeing a ps2 dbz game and funi shut bfp down cos it would turn out better then the ps2 game, so now bfp just rubbed it in there faces by makeing they own models heh
actually bfp will not match anywhere close to the game infogrames is making. Its sweet! but money will have been lost.

And i don't see what the big deal is. FUNImation isn't bad , they are good! Without them, i doubt this mod would be here because dbz wouldn't be popular. You people are ignorant who think they do things life go run around and shutdown mods for fun. They don't take time out of there day to make you feel bad, but rather better by actually even producing it! Sheesh.

Best answers
I hate funi...alot

so if they shut down ESF there going to see a man running into the buildng screaming viva la Earth special forces and take Funi down afgan style by Funi i hope hell isnt as bad as i think...i hate pineapples

PS:sorry if my post afends anyones feelings but i would be that mad and im already that psyhcotic

PSS:im not french it just sounds good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom