Many suggestions to help gameplay

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1. make blocking analog (hold down key, longer held down the stronger you can block) (analog, like shooting, its only when you press the key)

2. same with powering up, i have seen characters increase thier powerlevels to massive amounts in this way (in the show)

3. please let us use the characters in regular hl sp

//powerlevels

1. a player shouldnt lose power when he gets killed, its just plain not fun like that because if you arent that good you get your ass totally kicked (i seen it happen first hand, everyone else was 6 digit i was 3)

2. if you recover from a near death experience, depending on how near death it was, you gain lots of power (saiyins only)

3. intellegence bar, just for the hell of it when everything else is done maybe someone could throw some bots together of the more stupid characters (i.q. wise) and make them pretty much cannonfodder

//gameplay bassed map changes:

if your on namek and frieza does a death ball to a certain area, makes sence that the next map should be nameksend.

//map detail

this is important, with the new scaledown technique your going to have to fix all those tiny clip box errors that didnt bug bigger players, a miniscule clip box gap could be enough for a player to fly off the map into.

//easter eggs

i dunno, why not?

if you really hate this, click here

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
click here

if you dont likem click there.

if all you got to say is just dissin someones ideas then dont respond, its basically spam.

and im not done yet.
[slight rant]
//melee
i said it once ill say it again esf team, FIX THE ****ING MELEE GODS DAMNIT. heres the stats for melee:

combo/directional system (left+attack=punch to left) AFTER everything else is done

firing rates: punches should be about mp5 speed and kicks secondary glock speed, otherwise punches=secondary glock kicks=secondary mp5

and ffs please make the backflip an attack, how else do you punch while moving backwards?
[/slight rant]

more later.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Suggest alternatives to ideas, or argue a discernable point for them being a bad idea. Don't say they $uck.

1. make blocking analog (hold down key, longer held down the stronger you can block) (analog, like shooting, its only when you press the key)
You mean "charging". Analog is pressure and/or location sensitive key depressions, and requires hardware upgrades. Since I don't have the money for an analog keyboard, I'll pass.
BTW, this idea is poor. You should have it as "holing the button" move, not a toggle. Toggling it makes melee messy, and breaks flow. I'll suggest that.

2. same with powering up, i have seen characters increase thier powerlevels to massive amounts in this way (in the show)
Not a bad idea, here it works well. Hold down, build up turbo, and it slowly burns out. I like it.

3. please let us use the characters in regular hl sp
You can edit them yourself in Milkshape, just add the animations from any HL Model. Then you can use them any way you like, on your own machine. I would advise against distributing them without permission.

1. a player shouldnt lose power when he gets killed, its just plain not fun like that because if you arent that good you get your ass totally kicked (i seen it happen first hand, everyone else was 6 digit i was 3)
You can't go below starting PL unless you are under 10 health. Work a little harder, you can get PL just by wounding a stronger player. In addition you get stronger if killed by a stronger player, not weaker.

2. if you recover from a near death experience, depending on how near death it was, you gain lots of power (saiyins only)
Um, not a good idea. It's bad enough that the Saiyans have transformation advantages . . . keep gameplay in mind as well as "true to show" content.

3. intellegence bar, just for the hell of it when everything else is done maybe someone could throw some bots together of the more stupid characters (i.q. wise) and make them pretty much cannonfodder
ESF doesn't make it's own bots. This is something you should suggest in Bluesy's Forum (For Akimbot). But this is alot of extra coding for him, and ESF isn't the only one he has to worry about.

if your on namek and frieza does a death ball to a certain area, makes sence that the next map should be nameksend.
The Coding and Server instability issues here, make this non-feasable. At best.

In addition, I would like to have some choice when running a server. What would you do with custom maps? To many problems for a cheap gimmick.

this is important, with the new scaledown technique your going to have to fix all those tiny clip box errors that didnt bug bigger players, a miniscule clip box gap could be enough for a player to fly off the map into.
Our talented mappers have this under control, as I have not flown off the map yet.

i dunno, why not?
When do you wan't this mod? When Christ returns?

i said it once ill say it again esf team, FIX THE ****ING MELEE GODS DAMNIT. heres the stats for melee:

combo/directional system (left+attack=punch to left) AFTER everything else is done

firing rates: punches should be about mp5 speed and kicks secondary glock speed, otherwise punches=secondary glock kicks=secondary mp5

and ffs please make the backflip an attack, how else do you punch while moving backwards?
New melee system in the works, old news, pay attention :p

If you want button combos, play DMZ. It's an unoriginal idea.

Speed, well, keep your eyes peeled :D

And watch your mouth, there are kids on this forum.

Heh, gonna put my finger on Ice now . . .

ultrassj_vegeta

U
hmm....melee has to be improved loads....i agree..rite now its....how do i put this !@#$^#$%Q% ****

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
more ideas:

1. better explosion models, the current ones are nice but too see-thru and they jump around instead of smooth.

2. the attacks should get stronger as you charge more, not just a bigger blast radius

2b. not all attacks that are strong are really big, some are very small. like piccolos sbc

//energy storms

yall know what im talkin bout, certain attacks generate an explosion that stays for a while and can be made biger/stronger by having more ki pumped into it.

since nobody usis kiblast anymore i say make the primary fire the current secondary fire for making energy storms and then secondary fire does a (fill this in)

another idea is to have a special attack opened once a certain pl is gained.

also remember that attacks can also ABSORB other attacks if done right.

//frieza

in fianl form frieza can travel THROUGH energy beams, when he does that purple shell thing he kindof swims through.

//misc.

1.destroyable landscapes, yall know ye want this

2. power aura struggles.

*EDIT*

Hey..I just edited your post..
whatcha gonna do to me, again?

-Chimpbot

*EDIT*

ultrassj_vegeta

U
geez man...take a chill pill mate...hehe...calm down....remember to breathe its the only thing keepin u alive.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by -=shadow=-tpf-

Good Idea

I suggested this already look for turbo idea, but Hell I wourded it harder, lol

I agree

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by -=shadow=-tpf-
did i mention your a fat ugly son of a ***** who should be shot because he denies freedom of speach? half-life is rated m, there are no kids around moron.
Look at the "How old are you" Thread. Plenty of preeteens around. Watch your mouth. I don't wan't to censor the meaning of you messages. If I wanted to I could edit your post, but I didn't did I.

And no Flaming. Freedom of speech doesn't protect slander, you @$$. :p

Joking aside, I'll get back to your suggestions later.

Best answers
Most of these ideas are really unrealistic. For example: It wouldn't be fun if you could just play namek for two minutes each time until some freezer used his deathball. He has to use it, cause otherwise he would have no attack to counterattack against some kamehameha or something. And the other ideas aren't good aswell.

Best answers
yeah the melee definitely needs major overhauling (looks like they've got it covered for now) and I also agree on changing those small yellow fireballs.

As I posted another suggestion, the "two-hand" yellow ki blasts that vegeta uses in the buu saga should definitely be considered in my opinion.

How about - remove the primary attack ki blast (extr. slow extremely weak) make the [current] sec. ki blast primary (not TOO bad how it is, still pretty **** weak if you ask me - and perhaps make it even faster again, or make it go faster as you ascend in levels, they go nuts with those things in the cartoons!) anywho, make the sec. ki blast primary and then make secondary ki the "two-hand" one. You could make it so if two people shoot these medium ki blasts at each other it results in a small power struggle, but a large beam vs. "two-hander" the beam wins no worries (unless you are REALLY surpassing your opponent in power)

just had another thought - if you're in teamplay mode and in a PS, if one of your teammates comes and shoot one in the same direction as you, it should make it alot easier for you to win. (this would make teammates stop and help you if they noticed the ongoing PS)
BUT - your helping teammates would have to be within a certain distance from you to help out, so they get hurt if you end up losing!

ultrassj_vegeta

U
sweet more than 2 ppl in a power struggle....mayb the rada shud show wen one is happnin and u cud like get there quick or sunmthing.....

Best answers
I'm repeating myself, if I'm saying, that this idea with namek really sucks. But I really like the one with that analog blocking. Sounds great!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok what i meant by analog is like anything with a + in it in the console (+attack etc) basically its a "only as you hold down" thing.

combo's, that was in dmz i know but thye dont work, trust me on this ive made scripts for them, they dont work.

what im really hoping for is just a better melee system and less focus on beams (im a melee phr34k)

(some scouter shots please)

perhaps the teams could be good versus evil characters.(fixes model problm with them)

are supersayins enabled in the next version?

i love the new beams.

whats with the new vegeta shot? he looks like hese ghhuhoa or maybe bobsfhhuhoa

basically, I'm an idiot.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
hmm melee def has to b improved...the just need the melee to actually do something....just put in that move where they whak em to the ground or sumthing that'd be sweeet..

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Well..
Basically..
This thread is a waste of time..

You stopped suggestion stuff and started acting stupid..
So..I edited every post where you made yourself look like an idiot.

Now, I suggest that you calm down, and take the critisism in stride..
If you can't take it, don't put your ideas out there..

Best answers
First of all: I am totally calmed down ;)
Second: I think, too, that this attack would rock, but I don't think they're going to make it...

Best answers
Destructable scenery only works in small isolated areas in half life. While it might be cool to have a couple of walls you could blow thru at some point, they'd be gone really quick and hence there might be some sort of 'racing' going on to see who could blow up the walls quickest.

Actually, okay that wouldn't happen unless you were extremely lame, but go figure.

And if you put destructable scenery everywhere (this isn't red faction u know!), then it would LAG LIKE A BIATCH!

I'm personally satisfied with the chunks of debris flying off when u fireball something, but I suppose they could do with being bigger ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom