Friendly PS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here an idea I saw but that I want to modifiy.

When in team-play mode and you buddy is in a power struggle, you go up to him and select an attack, charge it, and "fuse your beams, adding your power to his attack.

This idea would make the game involve more team work. :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That idea is pretty good , it would be nice to double team someone that way.. but who would control the beam? the one with the bigest powerlevel??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pointless idea, if your team mate is in a PS then fly next to him and fire a beam next to his, the it joins the PS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea currently it only joins or gets eaten but ti actually doesnt help.

Best answers
ya I knoticed that too...whenever theres a 3 way ps the 3rd one doesn't even do anything. Its just there. In the beta I hope they fix this.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Third beam adds power to PS.

Try getting in a titanic PS with low PL. It's funny. Your 3rd beam hits and the other two start gunning for you.

Best answers
I thought up a new idea for PSs today... its like a cross of what ESF and DMZ have already.

ESF currently is just hold your attack button (I think?) and DMZ says to hit your punch and kick keys rapidly. If the Beta of ESF has punch and kick keys you could implement the following system:

A PS starts, and a new power meter appears. Rapidly hitting your punch and kick would make this bar grow, and you can use your Ki (or primary attack) key to then do a "blast" of power into the struggle. This would then give you more strategy to your PSs. You can do fast and weaker blasts to try and get the upperhand in the struggle, or store up for one huge blast to try to overtake the other player.

It would be good for if you have team PS as well. Combining everyone's power burst at the same time would make your attack more powerful.

I don't expect this system to be used, just thought I'd suggest it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
I thought up a new idea for PSs today... its like a cross of what ESF and DMZ have already.

ESF currently is just hold your attack button (I think?) and DMZ says to hit your punch and kick keys rapidly. If the Beta of ESF has punch and kick keys you could implement the following system:

A PS starts, and a new power meter appears. Rapidly hitting your punch and kick would make this bar grow, and you can use your Ki (or primary attack) key to then do a "blast" of power into the struggle. This would then give you more strategy to your PSs. You can do fast and weaker blasts to try and get the upperhand in the struggle, or store up for one huge blast to try to overtake the other player.

It would be good for if you have team PS as well. Combining everyone's power burst at the same time would make your attack more powerful.

I don't expect this system to be used, just thought I'd suggest it.
Sounds like an Idea for DMZ.

Best answers
Everyone in a PS would just instantly press the blast-button (wichever this would be). The disadvantage for people with slower www would be, that even if they pressed the button more often than the enemy, only a small percentage of these button-presses would arrive at the server, so they wouldn't have a real chance to win. I guess it's the best as it is now!

Best answers
well, pressing the blast button by itself would be pointless, as you have to press your punch+kick to up the power of each blast. only problems i can see with it is:

1. like you said, slow www players button presses might not register with the server
2. people would make scripts that press buttons 50x over in an instant and blast the ki out (unless you can prevent this somehow)

I think it would be more true to the show when they struggle, as they normally push large blasts of energy into the struggle rather than just have a constant flow of ki running into it. If it was, it would just be whoever is stronger and whoever's ki lasts longest wins.

I quite like the way DMZ has "moves" to do your specials like was in SFII video games. Oh well, can't have everything in this mod or it will end up the same as DMZ!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the current PS system. The button hit thing is great for Streetfighter II, not ESF. ESF has destinct feel to it, and that would move it towards DMZ's feel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ism it just me or have al lot of people been makeing suggestions in my suggestion, ooooo this makes me so angry!!! :devil:

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Its called economising, there actually doing you a service by bumping your thread and saving on extra threads, Not to mention, giving you input, which is what this is all about, right?. Im sure when you look at it this way, you could only be happy :D

[unless your selfish, in which case, theres just NO point in being here]
muahahahaha

Best answers
dont't put no button garbage from dmz in this game it would ruin it !!!! (in my opinion)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually CatFish if you read it, it states clearly, this is an idea I thought I would modify, so its diff from your. :p

Best answers
Yeah. And your original suggestion for this thread was also mine originally anyway Sonic!

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
shuddit catfish, that does NOT help save bandwidth, does it? who cares who came up with it? if its a good suggestion, and its implemented, we ALL benefit anyway,

relax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom