Scouters

Best answers
There are some screenshots in the gallery and in the dev-journals, where you can see scouters. If I'm informed correctly, they function as a radar, unless if you are looking directly at another player; then it shows some info about him (class, pl, name). I think it should show aswell, if the other character is currently charging an attack. Sometimes you can't see for sure if someone far away is just reloading or charging while turbo is active.
Remember when Son Goku used the Kamehameha the first time against Radditz. Radditz' scouter beeped and Radditz said something like "His Energy is rapidely increasing. He must be collecting all his power for one powerful strike!" - so scouters notice this in the series aswell!

Best answers
Oh god, is SSJ Picollo talking to himself?!

Ha ha, oh my god, and why are you SSJ Piccolo anyway? Surely that's a contradiction of a name? Piccolo is a Namek!

Blah, but to prove that I had something to say and am not just flaming:

I think the idea is quite good, because there's that bit where Raditz checks out Piccolo charging the Makenkosappo (Beam cannon if ya don't know), and there's a weird "Predator-vision"-like thing where he can see Piccolo's outline and all the waves of energy.

However, I think to program something like that would be a lot of effort (in effect, it's a zoom-in of your target in a small window, i.e. the scouter). I don't know if you can do that with Half Life... It'd have to be something like the scanner on the rocket launcher in Red Faction where you can point it at people and see an infra-red zoom pic of them, even thru walls.

Blegh. I'm no HL techie genius but I imagine it'd be hard to do, but very cool anyway.

Also, while I'm here, can I suggest a 'target' system for the Scouters? Ya know, like with X-wing/tie-fighter/Mechwarrior etc, where u lock in to closest enemy/friend and can track em thru the scouter? After all, Freiza, Nappa, Raditz, Vegeta and even Cell (in his way) didn't have to see the Z-fighters to know that there were massive power levels approaching or whatever. To combat flame, I'll just defend myself by saying I realise this would probably be too hard to code as well, but it's nice to dream.

As always, send your feedback to the above address ;)

ultrassj_vegeta

U
hmm it'd be pretty cool to hav the scouter pickup attacks....it'd be sweet if it cud like beep and these arrows show up where the attack is about to or is coming from....and it tells u wat attack and who is using and how strong they are....sweeet....an attack is measure by its own pl...piccolos sbc or makenkosappo was measured ova a thousand...sweeet scouter...

Best answers
First of all about my name: [SSj] is - better said: was - a CS clan. I simply kept my old name...
I think you misunderstood me. I don't mean that you should be warned of a shot coming right into your back - if it would be like this, you couldn't play really tactically. what I meant is, that if you watch at someone (and your scouter shows you who it is) there should be a display (next to pl, class and name) of the attaxck he is currently charging (if he does).
I guess it would be ok, if you would be warned of anyone charging any attack, because then you wouldn't mostly realize, if it is going to hit you, or something else. This is explained quite bad, but I hope you'll understand me.

Best answers
What? I never said that it warned of attacks, or did u mean the other guy?

I disagree that it should warn u, but it should definitely pick up big power levels even if you can't see em directly in front of you... I mean, it'd be a bit hard to find anyone or anything if you had to know exactly which direction you needed to face, and Scouters would be pretty useless.

Best answers
Indeed I meant the other guy ;)
In the other point, I agree, but this would be difficult to make. So it will be a simple radar I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea! (higher pl while attacking)
if the scouter works like a radar, the position marker should change color, if someone prepares an attack

i hope you needn´t aim exactly at an enemy to see informations about him

Best answers
What about if the size of the dots on the radar got bigger or smaller depending on the PL of the target compared to the player? I mean, if the power level of the target gets much much lower than the player's, then they would be so small they would be practically impossible to see, if at all! Kinda like "Their pl is so insignificant to me, I don't even have to know they're there, they suck so bad".

Also, it could have a "here comes a big red marker that's filling up my scouter screen, let's get the **** outta here!" type thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and what about the idea, that the scouter shows only enemys with min. 75% of your own pl?

Best answers
I like the smaller and bigger dots more! In fact I like it very very much :)

Best answers
Maybe not 75%. Surely even if someone with 50% your power hit u with a surprise final flash they'd seriously damage your day.

Like I said, you'd be able to see who was the biggest threat by who had the biggest dot on the scouter...

Best answers
By the way, I think your health should increase too, if your pl increases. Otherwise even a very weak char could kill you quite quickly. There is hardly a difference between a fully charged FF (for example) shot by a 10 000 000 PL Vegeta and a FF shot by a 750 000 PL Vegeta.

Best answers
Uhhhh, a fully charged FF from even a beginner Vegeta does like 300 damage or something...

I just made that figure up, by the way, but it will kill anyone caught in its blast radius so I figure it's pretty damn nasty at its most powerful point.

Best answers
That's exactly what I'm talking about! The message of this is: Even if a SSj4 Goku fights against some low-stage Kuririn, Kuririn would have a realistic chance, because his kamehameha is almost as strong as Goku's and he has about the same HP. Goku isn't really stronger then!

Best answers
Gah... What happens (apart from there NOT being SSJ4 in ESF), is that if you go SSJ2/3 whatever, you are gonna basically bat aside almost anything a low level Krillin throws at you. Or a low level anything for that matter.

Not much point going SSJ1/2/3 unless it gives you an advantage, no matter how short. Krillin has his followbeam *cough* the new n00bie-crack *cough* (okay, so maybe it's not totally lame, but I heard someone else say earlier that it's gonna be practically impossible to dodge, so what do you expect me to think?), which means he's gonna have a chance against faster, stronger characters. He also has his destructodisc instant kill, but at present in the Alpha nobody uses it because u can't spam it as easily as the Freiza disc ;) ;) ;)

Alls I mean is, don't expect to be able to beat SSJ goku with ****py entry-level Krillin without dying lots of times. That way, u gain power level from being killed and eventually they lose their big advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom