Don't close this, please read it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like the thread title: please don't close this right away, read it first please!

This thread is about... single player! No don't close the thread! Harsens says it'll be too much work, so what if we form a little team that handles the coding for single player? I'm willing to do some work for the ESF mod. Who thinks that this is a good idea?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would be a good idea not ot have a single player in esf, the file size is big enouh as it is.

Best answers
I would support a single player mode hands down because it will add to the overall greatness of the mod.

Best answers
I like that idea.... yesss... but single player should be an optional download file.... I think u should seriously get some people who would wanna help code it and send some E-mail!

good idea!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, NO, NOOO single player, u can not make one with "your own team" for alot of reasons

1. Mastasurf would STILL have to be the leader and watch all of the stuff u do (so u dont make it wroung or like a total new mod)

2. the whole esf team would have to help with models etc (e.g. u can not have a goku made by PCjoe for example and one made by someone else)

3. you will need very good bots (not the disc spamming bots u can use now)

4. (i know this is a long shot but its worth saying) if this mod had a single player and multiplayer, Funi would have a fit and most likely close it.

5. :S its a lame idea anyway:\

Best answers
...dont like that idea!!!

1.download file of singleplayer would be too big anyways(56kers!!!)

2.like akuma said the esf-team must watch over the things the singleplayer team does(that would bring the release away)

3.i dont like the idea

Best answers
If we could find a coder with enough skill to pass my coding job interview he'd be in the team by now. And no, i'm not giving out my code so someone can make a singleplayer version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by harSens
If we could find a coder with enough skill to pass my coding job interview he'd be in the team by now. And no, i'm not giving out my code so someone can make a singleplayer version.
i forgot to say that, poor harSens works hard only for ppl to want to steal his code :cry: :D

EDIT: Crud i spelled ya name wrong:p

Best answers
HEY i'm all for the idea of a single player for ESF, but rather it be a differ download from the server one we have now,

but could i come up with the idea of having bots instead:idea:

i would love this so i could also practice, and it might be lession programing involved then a single player and not take up as much space to download either

i hope u agree with me

vt

V
single player may be possible once we finish the MP part of the mod.

Best answers
Originally posted by The New Akuma
no, NO, NOOO single player, u can not make one with "your own team" for alot of reasons

1. Mastasurf would STILL have to be the leader and watch all of the stuff u do (so u dont make it wroung or like a total new mod)

2. the whole esf team would have to help with models etc (e.g. u can not have a goku made by PCjoe for example and one made by someone else)

3. you will need very good bots (not the disc spamming bots u can use now)

4. (i know this is a long shot but its worth saying) if this mod had a single player and multiplayer, Funi would have a fit and most likely close it.

5. :S its a lame idea anyway:\
Ignore most of the things the guy said about a new team.

The only way I see fit for it to be possible is to get a good stable MP version. After that then get more coders that pass Harsens test. He joins the esf team not the seperate team so all the things are still used with the same leaders.

Then we lock the coders and Harsens in my basement with some computers that you canONLY code on and take away there lives for a few months and make them code:p :) :p . Its possible, or we all could be happy with what we get.

To bad we didn't have coders or else this might actually be a good idea. You would also have to find someone to do cinematics and lots of stuff. This is too much work for the current team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u would need like 8 more people to do stuff... and i dought that there are that many people (that are good enough) around here

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, let's make a start by asking who's got some experience with coding and/or programming. And, of course, who WANTS to do coding for SP.

I have some experience with programming, myself. And as I said before, I would be glad to work on SP.

PS:
Hee harSens, ik jat echt je code niet hoor! :D LOL, ik kom ook uit Nederland. Wie weet via e-mail of zo samenwerken? :D Als je wat programmeerwerk van me wil zien zeg je het maar.

Best answers
Well i must say that SP mode would be kool, but if you decide to do that then like akuma said, they would have to watch and stuff, which would take more time, i think someone has said this but n/m, If we spend time working on SP now, then the MP Beta version would take longer, and im sure no-one wants that, if you realy realy want a SP DBZ mod, make one using 3D Game maker (lol) but thats just my own opinion and others ideas. I dont think that we should be thinking about this just now (Or mayb we should...) If we all want a SP option, it has to be wanted by the team aswell, mayb they cant be assed after this beta or even dont have time. Im not sure but its a thing to be talked about AFTER the beta mp is out, Who knows, when this version comes out, you might not even want a SP option, cause its soo good. Anyway best be off, and guys please please dont just flame me cause u h8 me...

From Guru-San

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can just buy the Dragon ball z playstation 2 game thats out soon, dont have a ps2? tuff **** ppl :D

Best answers
Yeh what Akuma said, you can also get them for the PS and the RPG for the GBA, See! De Guru Isnt just a pretty face :D

From Guru-San

p.s. Hey Akuma, you seem like a nice person! :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PLEASE don't go ******* up my thread again! If you want to post useless messages, use the spam thread or ICQ or the like... BUT DON'T GO PISSING ME OFF!

**Don't Circumvent the Anti-Cuss**
**Cucumba!**

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
single player wud be cool, but i'd much rather play multie player, but i think a training place, like the hazard course wouldent hurt (u cud have king kai as that hologram person)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom