Half-life and esf

Best answers
Why not have a section telling a little about the team? would like to read that heh.

anyway i was wondering. esf beta looks great. in a percent how much are you using the power of the hl engine? are u pushing it to its limits now? you ever find yourself over doing it just a little on the effects?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they r pushing it to the limits with beta, thats most likely one of the reasons why beta is the last verson, there is only so much u can do with the hl engine, so they r going on to do something else, maybe with the q3 engi or a new one they may make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would really hope the team makes a custom engine it would be pritty cool. The effects in that engine would be brilliant we can see what they can do with the HL engine just imagine a custon engine.

BrunO

Best answers
If we proceeded to make a custom engine, we could be sued within an inch of our lives because this game would no longer be a mod. It would be a stand alone game that outright conflicts with the copyrights set forth by the proprioters of the DBZ trademark. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no noooo SS Vegeta, i ment a new game too, like bfp did, but they did not make a new engi, and they HIGHLY ripped off dbz lol

Retired
Best answers
no! BFP arent a rip off from DBZ...i never knew it was a DBZ moD! :p (kiddin)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
making a new engine isnt as easy as u think it is, and the halflife engine was based on the quake engine, they just highly modified it.

Best answers
I would love to see a game that lets you have a char train him in one player mode lots of training lets you pick from a list and have to do it. and send the person out to battle jedi knights 2 style. *make it like old days in japan type* noone likes my ideas tho so bah. anyway pushing the limits of hl? ow. i hope they dont make it where so many effects severs crash

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, this mod does have alot of effects goin on, but unless the server is 56k, it shudent crash

yay! 100 posts, i think to celebrate i shud become a beta tester!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DarkWolf
if u were to move to another game i'd suggest jk2 :p

why??? if u wanted a JK2 u may as well just make a Quake 3 mod, since jk2 useing the Q3 engine all your doing by useing JK2 is makeing it harder for yourself

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The New Akuma

why??? if u wanted a JK2 u may as well just make a Quake 3 mod, since jk2 useing the Q3 engine all your doing by useing JK2 is makeing it harder for yourself
But isnt it a modified version of the engine or the newest or something with a few fixes or something?

BrunO

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
I didn't become one till 700 posts :p

Don't call them, they'll call you :D
Damn strait

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The UNDERGround ESF going about recruiting the good to use the force for the greater good of ESF and to put all those annoying n00bs straight! ;)

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom