A way to have ur own engine

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like i'll explain my title

A while ago someone said something like :

Why dont u make ur own engine then u can way better models (high poly count) and that will also give u more possibilities.

Then a MOD said,

We cant do that because funi has the rights of dbz, then it will be a stand-alone-game and not a mod, a mod is legal a stand-alone-game-isn't.

But I was just thinking, u could always make the game with just normal characters and release a script or something dowloadable on this site with the real dbz characters and the real names etc.. The normal game will just be a not-complete game and the script will be the addition wich would make it a dbz game. The script will give the protection wich being a HL-MOD gives too, so I guess it would be legal (?!?!).

I'm not really sure if anyone wants that, and it's not that I'm not satisfied with what I already c, I mean the pics u show us are GREAT. But it might give u guys some more options.

Grtz NaZ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is basically what BFP did only they didnt create a new engine!! :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah and look at them :S

but come on new engine?? yeah lets make the team take all there hard work and flush it down the crapper cause we demand better models...... :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sorry naz, but I don't agree with you. If they started a new engine the team would have to redo everything (Except models and some sprites I think?) and the code would take even longer. We've already gotta wait long enough, lets not increase the time its already taking

Best answers
...HIBIKI!!!

The whole work the team did would be crap then and they will have to do the whole work another time(new models,new maps,etc....)And then the game would arrive in hundert years!!!

And only the ****in beta tester could play it!;)J/K

Best answers
BFP is nice it's just to chaotic even for dbz

one guys is SSJ you kill him..

you become SSJ....

you'd be suprised how quickly that gets old

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
some ppl here dont understand what I'm saying, I'm giving the team the option to go on with a better engine so they ont have limitations, all the time I hear, stupid HL engine this etc, it was an option for the team. if THEY wanted that,

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Okay people....
Read the words that I'm writing and become enlightened.

Being a half-life mod gives NO protection other than obscurity.
There's so many mods out there, nobody'll noticed this one, right?

PLENTY of mods have been shut down because they, like this one, violated copyright laws.
Unless this mod team were insane, they'll stay where they are and not bother to make a stand-alone dbz game.
Plus, to develop and engine and actually make the game, all for no charge...that'd just be insane....

But, I wouldn't worry.
Its a safe bet that FUNi probably has heard of this mod.
If they haven't, then that's their own fault.
If they have, they don't see it as any sort of threat, again, their own fault.

Best answers
Starcraft anybody? 2 out of the 3 mods out there were shut down by blizzard. Blizzard's a *******.

Best answers
actully wait till natural selection comes out its just like SC and blizzard also shut down a diablo mod but i wasnt sad it looked like $hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom