Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fix found by AscendantSaiyan in another forum:
White sky fix
Here's the fix for the white skies:

this is a temporary fix until valve releases their own, but if you want *no* sky problems do this:

You'll need to open the valve pak file, so you'll need a pak extraction utility, you can download pakexplorer here

Next, open pak explorer, then go to file...open.

Go to your Half-life\Valve directory and double click on pak0.pak, do *NOT* go in your tfc or cs or any other directory.

Next, go to my computer, then navigate to half-life\valve\gfx

Create a folder named "env"

Now, go back to pak explorer with the pak0.pak opened, double click on gfx, then env, and select all the files in that folder.

Drag them into your newly created half-life\valve\gfx\env

All the files from gfx\env of the pak0.pak file should now be in half-life\valve\gfx\env

Your skies should be fixed now.

Hope that helps guys.

*busts out glue gun

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
how exactly is it supposed to help if i dont understand a word of it..? ;/

Best answers
true, i downloaded this utility that exports all the misssing skys to the right area. U can find it in the plh.com archive 1 week back

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
tien could you give me a link to go download that utility pack,i cant say i really tryed to search lol :talk:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I WANT THE BETA VERSION NOW!!!!! COMMON!!!!!!! FASTER!!! HARDER!!!!!! SCOOTER!!!!!!

Best answers
this is the Easiest way i know of to stop that white sky problem.....i dunno if you guys are like me but it seems the white sky is only on certain levels....well what you need to do is load up a level that doesnt give you white sky...for me Nameks end works great. so i go to create a game and do that and select nameks end and when it loads up i quit and will load up a map where i would normally have white sky and instead i have the nameks end red sky and actually....it looks great.

everyone please try this out if you have the white sky problem

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the new version fixed this so shouldnt this be deleted??

Best answers
the skyies is really looking wierd on my screen now before was they all flat now they are looking like a old thingy cant remeber the word for it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom