Why does the Power Level Reset?

Best answers
I'm not really a noob, but this is sort of a noob question. Last night me and a friend were power struggling. I had a power level of 5 million, and so did he. We did a power struggle with a final flash and the blast got so big, it killed us both. When I respawned my power level reset to less than 1 million. Whats up with that? Its frusterating to get to a really high power level and then lose it all just like that. Please tell me theres a fix for that. Or at least reassure me that the next version of ESF will not do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because of the coding harSens did you power level will drop to keep n00bs in the game. I say the power level shouldnt drop, but just be gained by the other person.

Best answers
thats means u work so hard to up your power level, and then all the sudden your at the bottom of the food chain again. I hope that the new version doesn't do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by phrack50
thats means u work so hard to up your power level, and then all the sudden your at the bottom of the food chain again. I hope that the new version doesn't do that.
i agree with you.

Also if u joina server and get KILLED (yes KILLED) by a powerfull person, you get as much PL (bar about 1 mill) as him.

Best answers
That's strange, so your PL actually drops by that much just to make it even in the server? That has never happened to me, though I have been killed by some guy who was practicaly SSJ PL, and I went up quite a bit...but never went down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I believe that is a bug!! I was playing with 2 other people, and we all had pl's of about 8 mil!! The other two guys powerstruggled, and after the death of us all, one guy dropped to the default pl!! Myself and the remaining person were not affected!! No one else had joined or left the server either!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats a bug...

and i think it is stupid how people gain so much pl so fast... i mean whats the point of gaining pl just to have some stupid noob who just joined the game have as much as u! come on theres no point in trying to gain pl if other people will become just as strong as u in a few mins......

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said it was a bug in one of his posts.

He said that if everyone on the server is dead, the PL code gets funky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah just one of the many small but annyoying bugs...

Retired
Best answers
i agree its very frustrating...i really hope they change it in the beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im pritty sure its been fixed..

and even so it happens when everyone on the server dies at once.. but with the huge maps this will never happen..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol i made a powerstruggle of 10 min with someone one day, and when i dotonated it:

-whole map gone boom
-everyone got to default pl
-and i hat 30 mil hahaha

Retired
Best answers
lol i never got to 30 mil :) (i hardly play it anymore) my record is about 15 mil

Best answers
The highest power level I ever managed to get was like 5 or 6 million. I usaully play 1on1 after work with my 2 systems at home. It takes a while to build up enough power that way, but its fun. Those bigger maps sound like fun, since they are scaling the maps down like that, does that mean we will not be able use some of the other maps we've downloaded when the new beta version comes out?

Best answers
i heart u can use the maps , but they will be kinda big and not good looking then , thats just what i think what ive heard , but i cant remember , sorry

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will not be able to use any of the maps created with the Alpha 2.0 fgd!! In other words, no, you won't!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I admit. I'm a ESF n00b. So what with this powerlevel thing?

I agree it should stick.

Will it stay after a death? Ttell me all bout it pls. ;D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ant, Stryker said you could . . . It would just be unplayable.

PL fluctuates depending on how well you fight. It should stay that way.

Best answers
Ok i thought , that striker said that the maps just will be kinda big then , but like i said i wasnt sure !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom