Detonations and Disitegrations

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First thing is about detonating beams.
Is it possible to make it so that when two beams collide and then one person detonates, the surround area is destroyed, (i.e a crater, mountain blown down). It's landscape damage, but only temporary.

The other thing is, when a person is hit with a beam and not blocking, shouldn't they be vaporized completely, (no gibs and stuffs). Like say, a person is hit with a Full power Kamehameha, could it be made so that if they weren't a very strong character (like ssj or ssj2) then they slowly fade out and the beam keeps on going through them?

Just a couple of suggestions.

l8r

Best answers
nice idea , i think we had that already a few weeks ago , and i think they said , that the damage thingy after beams crashed eachother would be tooooo hard to make!!!!

and maybe u should post this in suggestions ;/ :p

Best answers
yes it was said in the last few days/or weaks

but i think the idea would rule if the team can realize it in the right way!!!

try to ask a good mapper if he can such a map for you where your able to explode everything(i think esf_tournament was such that kind of map!)!

Best answers
yea , well i couldnt play it , but it rox from what ive herad and seen on pics!!! It was made by mrmasj i think , so ask him

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This could be possible though if that is there, theres bound to be lag! Many mods have tried this and the mods successful at doing this have lots 'o lag, this idea rules though, lag doesn't :( Though, this doesn't pretain to many maps. Some maps just have little bits coming off so not much lag is in play.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first of all, this should be in suggestions where this is suggested many times before, second ESF is on a half life ingine making it almost impossible to realise those cient of animations

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I think this should be in the mapping section.... ok, but that weren´t so hard to made, the only big prob is that destructable objects/entities in a map r limited and its not easy to make light for them and when you got light on them, the make shaddows when they not destroyed and when they destroyed and that looks bad...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, the map thing is possible. We need to keep the number of entities below a certain number or WC can't compile it but we can do it. Also, if we would do this it would indeed mean seveare extra lag yes. Cause practicly the entire map would be entity. That is hard to keep on the scren updated 100%. And the map now draws only visible objects. Then it would need to draw the entire map 24/7 cause entities are ignored and invisible for the game engine. (like doors) this cause if ya break it it needs to be ready to display the thing behind it. making it then would mean trouble.

Best answers
I won't talk about this thing, because it has been discussed too many times.

But the other thing SA_Gohan suggested sounds very good and show-like to me. If the beams would continue doing damage to anyone who is in the beams for as long as the attacker presses left mouse button, this would increase fun a lot i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom