Will character (class) changing = a PL loss in the Beta?

Best answers
I'm aware in the current alpha changing characters causes a drop in PL (power level - the yellow bar for you newbies). Hmm, perhaps it was a drop to "just entered the server status"? ;/ Or maybe it's a change to the server average...

Anyway, it's bad. I'm curious to know how this'll work in the Beta. And I guess I now want to know exactly how this works currently :rolleyes: . Anyway, in the Beta, will changing characters be freely allowed upon death, will it cause a penalty, or will it reset the starting PL?

Oh, and will there be any diffrences between game modes, or from server to server?

Thanks.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Change Character = start over . . . even in the beta. Your not a newb. Moves to ESF Chat . . .

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
Your not a newb. Moves to ESF Chat . . .
its a newb question so he sout to put it were newb questions get ansewed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not a noob question... there for it doesnt go in noob chat :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, that would be cool. getting admin from nothing. LOL.

No one would ever make the mistake of accepting admin..

(uh.. why did I then)

*Bah*
*I made the mistake*
*Cucumba! ;/*

Best answers
As I continued it, it seemed like a newb ?, once I realized I forgot about character changing in the Alpha after I dropped the habit. (shrug)

Best answers
Man, it's simple, just change classes after u die, or while dead which ever you prefer, don't change when you are flying around and stuff, when u change while dead all yer stuff still stays the same. :shocked:

Best answers
Does it? You sure? I used to swap characters mid-battle to mix things up, but stopped after finding it carried a PL penalty. Are you saying it doesn't? (if you wait until after death to change)

Best answers
I do it all of the time because I know when I do it while in a power struggler, or gettin shot at or whatever (while alive), the next character has his default PL, if I wouldve waited till death, it wouldve stayed.

Best answers
Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me either.
Changing Characters = Default Power Level
Under any circumstances.

Best answers
I think it only applies when you create your own server and do it, i just tried to do it in another server and it put me back, but I know I have done it before cause some guy wanted to PS me, but I was vegeta, and he wanted me to be cell, so I went cell after he killed me, and I still had like 2 mil PL, and he just got in server and died maybe 3 times, so his PL couldnt have made mine go up to 2 mil or....man I dont know, just dont change classes in the current version if u still want your PL. ;)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ermm i think they should put it like. you got 40 mil on vegeta you change to cell your at 20 mil. like 50 % of power goes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k then. Cool.

man, I mod/admin to many forums. I lack time to play. :cry:

(no forums here mind ya)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom