Compare: Alpha 1.5 and 2.0

Best answers
Alpha 2.0 was released before I joined, so I didn't know Alpha 1.5 until you posted it in the news. I tried it, and I found some things that are - in my opinion - even better than in Alpha 2.0. These are two points:

.) KI Blasts
I like the KI blasts from Alpha 1.5 better than those from 2.0.
- They kind of explode (and do not just disappear like in 2.0)
- The frequency of secondary fire (which isn't really different from the primary in 2.0) is nice I guess (although there might be reasons, why you reduced it)
- The precision-reducement in secondary fire mode would compensate the higher firerate

.) KI Waves
I noticed that all KI waves (Kamehameha, Gallitgun) are guided quite different in these versions. In 2.0 it is much harder to navigate it well; in 1.5 it can be navigated very easily (I hope you know what I mean; the wave doesn't always fly away from you, you can navigate it so that it flys even towards you - if you navigate it well)

I don't know whether this was suggested before (maybe when 2.0 was released?), but I really like these better in 1.5!

Best answers
in 2.0 they made everything more like DBZ instead of like those beams.. these look like the ones in the real dbz and the ki things they are just meant.. for like a really backup..

Best answers
I wanna see version 1.8 when the beams were first 2d! But I agree with fellow Piccolo lover!

Best answers
1.8 was okay... it was just like a round ball... that floated:rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hell no
why does everyone know 1.8 besides me? :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [SSj]~Piccolo

I like the KI blasts from Alpha 1.5 better than those from 2.0.
- They kind of explode (and do not just disappear like in 2.0)
- The frequency of secondary fire (which isn't really different from the primary in 2.0) is nice I guess (although there might be reasons, why you reduced it)
- The precision-reducement in secondary fire mode would compensate the higher firerate
yeah it´s better than esf 2.0

Originally posted by [SSj]~Piccolo
KI Waves
I noticed that all KI waves (Kamehameha, Gallitgun) are guided quite different in these versions. In 2.0 it is much harder to navigate it well; in 1.5 it can be navigated very easily (I hope you know what I mean; the wave doesn't always fly away from you, you can navigate it so that it flys even towards you - if you navigate it well)
in 2.0 your movement is linked to the beam, in 1.5 the beam follows your crosshair like the rockets in hl
but the beams are slow, that makes it too easy to hit someone

Best answers
The kiblast firerate is reduced, and their explosion fx are simplified, because they lagged like hell in 1.5. Expect some better kiplosion fx in the beta.

For the beams, they were made faster on popular demand, 'causing them to be less manouvrable.

Best answers
hmmm one thing that i like in the earlier versions:

the attacks doesnt explode if u press the secondary mouse button!!!

they fly then straight through the landscape until they touch anything.... then they make boom... this could be implented!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making the attacks not explode on a press of the 2nd mouse button would cause more harm than help in my views.

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Honey

the dogs b0locks

or in other words... 1.5 is not something worth Licking.

but one good thing about 1.5 is the Rapid fire Ki blasts, there where good, and had a reason the ones in 2.0 r weak stupid and VERY easy to get out of there path;/

Best answers
Originally posted by BrunO
Making the attacks not explode on a press of the 2nd mouse button would cause more harm than help in my views.

BrunO
but this would it make more dbz.

**** WARNING: SPOILER ****
like gohan as he made a khh against cell in the air, where cell started a khh to destroy earth. gohan shot the khh, which was smaller than cells, without give anymore power to it and it looked like a bigger ki blast. but gohans khh was more powerful so it defeated the cells khh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Master Dorn

but this would it make more dbz.

like gohan as he made a khh against cell in the air, where cell started a khh to destroy earth. gohan shot the khh, which was smaller than cells, without give anymore power to it and it looked like a bigger ki blast. but gohans khh was more powerful so it defeated the cells khh.
Thats prob cuz gohan had more ki in his attack and any way, there is a line between exact DBZ and playable and enjoyable and exploding attacks is a very useful feature. But i agree the ki balls need a little boost.

BrunO

Best answers
i got the solution BrunO

make a third key to let the attack not explode and only fly away!

first mousebutton: make attack
second mousebutton: explode attack
third mousebutton: let the attack fly without controll

for ppl without third mousebutton support they could make any other button like v or c...

Best answers
As far as I understood, the beams will not be explodeable in beta. It wasn't planned in alpha at all; it's just a bug. I don't know what canceling a beam will be like in beta, but I think in alpha 1.5 it was quite good!

Best answers
My Small and Simple Review of Esf 1.5

1. The Kamehameha sounds all distorted if you charge it up all the way.

2. I'm afraid to use the spirit bomb with out turning off my speakers.

3. The Special Beam Cannon looks perfect and I wish you guys would bring it back for the beta1.

4. Ki blasts are fast but should take more damage.

5. Auras?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom