Improve Melee Fighting

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think that it would be pretty neat to have a melee challenge key. This key will lock u and another opponent in an all out hand to hand fight. You should also be able to freely break away from this melee combat mode.

Well, thats my idea guys what do u think?:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats kind of pointless though...

if ur locked in a hand to hand battle but are able to break out of it whats the point???

i mean thats like being able to stop a duel in jk2...

it would compleatly defeat the perpouse...

Best answers
I don't know about dueling, and the whole challenge thing.
but I think a lock-on option when in melee would be very useful.

Best answers
what about this:

if u enter melee mode u see it like a 2d beat em up game, but in hl engine 3d. so u cant launch any ki attack only melee ok

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Master Dorn
what about this:

if u enter melee mode u see it like a 2d beat em up game, but in hl engine 3d. so u cant launch any ki attack only melee ok
omg . . . no.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be cool, if the melee system was better though. But they are werkin on an advanced melee system. I think the game is 2 beam oriented right now, cause in the show its more punchin than beams

Best answers
the punches and kicks must go faster the higher the pl is.

but what about piccolo and boo??? they got arms and legs which can be made longer!

Best answers
If you want a dbz 1 on 1 fighting game go get yourself final bout, or ultimate battle 22, or legends or something like that..
You want someone to code an idea (that i think is dumb in the first place) like this into the hl engine??
It would be a waste of time.

Best answers
I know this is not exactly the same topic, but I got another suggestion on the meelee:
I think Piccolo should have a special meelee attack - I don't know its english name, in german it is "Schlangenarmtechnik" - you know, that one where his arm gets longer and longer and so his meelee-range is extremely high

Best answers
Hehe, In english we call that the long armed stretchy attack.

And replying to ScavengeR:

I have Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22 and Legends. All for the playstation, the action is extremely slow in the 1st 2 games mentioned...... and the 3rd game is sooo unbeleivably hard that it sux.

I like the melee fight system from Bid for Power. Just one button that you hold down, very simple. Also I recommend adding throws or knockdowns. Wack em to the ground. Or kick em across the level and then blast them with a powerful beam attack.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
You should play Hyper Dimensions (sp) for the SNES, its the best DBZ fighter out. Back on topic..

I had an idea like this a while ago, the only difference is that for the two involved it would be like a slow motion 2D fight where you can attack, dodge and counter depending on how powerful or how good you are, something that would involve more skill than power. If you could mix that with the Jedi Dueling system (i.e. you cant interfere during a fight) then I think it would be really.

Plus, I'd like to add on that that there could be a bar for each player to rate how much damage has been recieved and that, once the bar is full, the losing player would be pummeled by an animation of moves unique to each char. For example, Goku could punch someone backwards and appear in his path with Instant Transmission before smashing him into the ground. Or if you used Piccolo he could jump up and deliver a serious of kicks in rapid succesion before dropping down and extending his arm in a punch that carries the losing player a few meters away. Just examples though, there is lots you can do with it. :D

Best answers
Well... No details yet, but we have a new melee system in the works, which will warp gameplay a lot.
Basicaly there will be a lot more melee and quick blasts and all the *mega beams* will be a bit more special :D

Best answers
Originally posted by phrack50
I have Final Bout, Ultimate Battle 22 and Legends. All for the playstation, the action is extremely slow in the 1st 2 games mentioned...... and the 3rd game is sooo unbeleivably hard that it sux.
hahaha. If you find Legends hard then you probably haven't played it much, or you don't know how to play it properly. It has the best and most "realistic" DBZ fighting system I've seen. I've beaten the game, and the challenges :D
But if there's a new melee system already done for ESF, I can't wait to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom