ESF on IRC

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
#esf -- General chat
#esf-help -- Help

Rules are the same as that of the forum AUP.
Some added things to remember :
No excessive use of colors.
No Clones.
Channel moderators / operators will be indicated with an @ next to their name.
You will be told if you are doing anything else wrong.

If you need help, you may join #esf-help and ask your question. Please keep in mind that idiling is not allowed, so only join if you need something.
As well, please check the forums before you join to see if your question has been answered in a sticky, it will be easier for both parties

Beginners Guide - mIRC
What is mIRC?
IRC, short for "Internet Relay Chat" is a program which allows users to send messages to other people and recieve messages back. Similar to MSN and AIM but with mass capacities (you can send to unlimited people at a time).

How can I get mIRC?
www.mirc.com or you can use the java version if you need to be quick/dont want to install at http://www.gamesurge.net/chat.php

Ok, I've got mIRC how do I use it?
Simply click on the links for the channel you want at the top of this thread, mIRC should start up and ask you to connect. Click 'OK' and you're all set.

If would like to have the channel "remember" you, you must REGISTER and AUTH. Type the following in any chat room to do so:

First
www.gamesurge.net - make an account there

Second
/msg as AUTH username password

Also so that you do not need to auth and manually join channels everytime you enter, go to File > Options > Perform and type in the box:

/msg as AUTH username password
/join #esf

Then checkmark the box entitled Enable perform on connect. Once that is all done click the Connect button and you are ready to be helped by one of our friendly and helpful ops and peons. Just remember #esf is not the channel for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom