Couple of suggestions.

Best answers
OK, I'm new to the forum but I've been playing ESF for about 3 months now. Before playing ESF I was playing a DBZ Mod for Q3 called Bid for Power (BFP). It was looking great...right up until Funimation told them they couldn't use DBZ anymore. They didn't copyright their idea yet, so basically Funimation decided they didn't want a DBZ game for Q3. My suggestions may have already been mentioned before, but just in case they haven't I'll go ahead and give some.
First, when the turbo mode was not activated while on the ground (not flying) you jumped and ran regularly. While in turbo mode, the running AND the jumping were both increased by about 3 or 4 times. I noticed ESF didn't have that the first time I played. It would make the gameplay even better.
Next thing I'm going to suggest is flying a little bit faster than what you have now while in turbo mode. Make the gameplay a little bit faster and having more action.
And last, when there's a power struggle make it slow so it lasts a while because we all know it's hard to have one happen. When it does happen there could also be particle effects involved with it. I'm not sure how to go about deciding who wins in a power struggle, but there's something you guys could suggest in reply, or just leave it to the programmers.:D

Tell me what you guys think...cool, fair, bad, out of the question? :) Let me know. And sorry for making this post so long, it's a habit. :p

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u call that a long post :p

I like ur ideas, I guess most will be in the beta already, but I'm not to sure about it. Just that u know, many things will be fixed in the new beta in it will b a completely new game, I think they will redo the things u said too.

anyways nice thinking :yes:

grtz Nz-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
running is faster... dunno about jumping

and power struggles last alot longer in esf than in bfp... and yes there will be lots of fancy effects for everything in teh beta

Best answers
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you letting me know that some of it will be fixed in the Beta. I didn't know that, I couldn't find any details anywhere, I just saw the forum section last night lol. I didn't even know this place existed. If I had known that I would have been here a long time ago. :D Well thanks for the positive posts though, I thought for sure I was going to get a reply like "That's been posted already" or "This isn't Bid for Power, go back to it if you like it so much." or that type of thing. Luckily that didn't happen. :p But thanks and hopefully I can think of some other stuff because I actually had a written list at one point of stuff I would like to see in a DBZ first-person shooter game. Me and my friend discussed it like 2 years ago and wrote stuff down. I never imagined this would actually happen lol. So I'll see if I can remember anything else and I'll post some other suggestions to see what you guys think. Talk to you guys later. :D

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
running is faster... dunno about jumping
i think they said they improved the jumping for the beta. i dont remember where i read it.
i dont even have a jump button anyways:D

Best answers
This suggestion slapped me right in the face as I was eating. Food for thought...literally.:rolleyes: :p So anyways....I remembered something my friend said which was about the handling (speed of turning) of the beams. When fired in ESF the beams are only allowed one turn and they turn kinda slow IMO. I remembered he told me that they should have more than just one turn allowed (remember Yamcha's controlled ball of energy in "Tree of Might"?) and depending upon the strength of the energy beam, the stronger it is the slower it turns. So if you don't put much energy into it you can move it pretty fast. But if it's fully charged then it should move like a city bus.:p This is in case they haven't thought of or fixed this yet. I'm bound to remember some others. Stay tuned......;)

Best answers
How'd I know that someone sooner or later was going to say that? :D Actually, like I said before my friend and I thought this stuff up before BFP was formed. It just so happened they've got a lot of this stuff in there already. Plus, it kinda makes sense, to have these kind of things in ESF would make it better wouldn't it? I'm not making it like BFP, I'm not even sure if BFP has some of this stuff in it. I still have the RC1 release of it when my Quake 3 CD went missing, and ever since I bought HL I didn't want to find it. But anyways, I'm in no way trying to make this game like BFP and I hope that nobody thinks I am. :)
So anyways, here's another suggestion that I remembered. Maybe there could be a way to set up melee combat combos. Now this sounds stupid at first because you only have 2 melee attacks. Well, throw those attacks in with power hits (which would put the opponent into a second delay hit stun and send them backwards a bit) then fly forward (or teleport) and hit your opponent again. If you hit them in the front again, then the acceleration of the second frontal attack could send the opponent flying back even faster. Now that you can't fly toward the opponent (because they're moving too fast) you can now teleport behind them and maybe using a directional key or some other key (I'm just giving suggestions, keep an open mind;) ) that hits them toward the ground, and when they hit the ground...an explosion occurs. Like I said, this is just stuff I thought of 2 years ago so maybe some of this can't happen. What I do know about the physics of Half-Life is that the acceleration of those power hits might just be able to be done. As for the other sending-to-ground hit, that might be a little too much but something like that could be done I think.
Well, I know this one's a little bit long (not too long in Nazghul's mind :p ) but I just wanted to make sure you guys got the idea. Once again let me know if this was "realistic, cool, stupid, not-gonna-happen, are you an idiot?":rolleyes: or what.
And please don't go off on a rant on "OMG are you on crack?!?" type of thing. ;) Just say "You know, that would be nice but I don't think the punching with the key that sends them to the ground thing would work...sounds like too much work to me." (Can you tell I've thought of these types of things before?:D ) Just nice little friendly comments please...go easy on me..today's my first day here.;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG ARE YOU ON CRACK!?!?!?

jk... not bad suggestions.

Best answers
LOL Sonic, thanks man. So that's cool that they're good and all, but how could we make this thing work? I was hoping we could actually solve the "too complicated" or "how would it be done?" problems. See, what I'm thinking is that maybe we could have a power hit key when on the melee weapon. Like bind "p" "powerhit" or something like that. Where are you technical people? Join me, and we shall figure this thing out! :D
So after the powerhit they are forced back, then turbo-fly at them and hit them again, then teleport behind them and pressing the End key to hit them to the ground. Or maybe holding the End key and pressing the primary attack on melee to hit them to the ground. What do you guys think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sierra esf is turning into a more like bfp game... its faster, smoother, great looking, has tons and tons of nice effects :p

and one mroe thing... stop posting so much stuff >_<

im too lazy to read it all :p

Best answers
You could break your suggestions up into lists, etc.
for legibility (just a thought).

While I like the combo idea, it sounds a bit complicated to code.
However, I do like the "send to ground idea" or a form of it.

Why not bring the strength of the hit into a calculation with the
velocity (speed AND direction) and power level of the person hit?
I.e. if they're standing still and you fly at them to deliver a kick (or
if your power level is far beyond theirs), it sends them flying
backwards (they have to fly forwards to come to a stop).

That way you could deliver a classic DBZ slam into the ground just
with a properly directed hit! This would also create the graphic
illustration of the difference in power levels for which DBZ is so
famous ("That was *insert character*'s strongest kick, and
*insert villain* didn't even flinch!" *gasping sounds*).

On second thought, this sounds complicated to code too.. ah well!

This is NOT a suggestion for the beta (no worries, folks), but
maybe later versions...

Best answers
I really wish I hadn't thrown out that list of stuff I had. Now I'm all out of ideas, I can't remember anymore of them.:\ Oh well, guess that would be very hard to code, and yes Infogrames should be watching their backs, because pretty soon this game is going to put all of the others to shame.:D Those other guys will be crying home to mommy:cry: . And we'll be laughing at them all:devgrin:. So yeah, now it's your turn to figure something out. And don't worry Hibiki...I'm done with my suggestions...that's unless I suddenly remember all of. You never know...o_o . Of course now Hibiki's thinking "o_O He better not remember." Hehehe, I love messing with peoples heads.:rolleyes:
Anyways, talk to you guys later.

Best answers
"the handling (speed of turning) of the beams. When fired in ESF the beams are only allowed one turn and they turn kinda slow"

wats all this about only allowd one turn??
are we playing the same esf, cause my beams are fine.
if i fire something at you, the beam follows you untill you die....
plus the beams in bfp suck ass, they dont look right when you try to turn them, and the gameplay was too fast, and the max pl was 1mill and i reached that in minutes
bfp might look all pretty, but esf is a much better game

Best answers
even thou HL is a old engine and ESF is using out of date stuff it still looks SO MUCH BETTER than infogrames game they are making for PS2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom