body parts

Best answers
in the beta i think it would be cool if you could blow off peoples body parts like (arms,legs,ect...) and the nameks could reginerate there missing lims. but that might take a while to do all of that coding so i dont know. o well it is just a thought:rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hl cant support multi limb models very easly...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sierra when did u become the person who states the obvouse and already known things?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was telling him....

Oh and I learned from the spam master :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMZ did that and it wasn't nice..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd need to switch to the ghoul engine . . . never going to happen.

*Moves from ESF Chat to suggestions.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im sure with enough work, it'd be possible to make limbs fly off, i mean, they already are pushin the hl engine to the max

Best answers
that would stink if both your arms got blown off... u couldnt do anything

Best answers
Why not? Half-Life Mod 2338 has it, ur model doesnt have legs off, and it just switches to a model with 1 leg, 1 arm etc...
and on ur hud with ur body... Say u got ur right arm shot with the laser 9mm, it would cut ur arm off, so your right arm would be shown on ur green body (in ur hud) and the right arm would be pure red to show injury.
You Lose aim, and your model is changed to one with no right arm... Easy as pie for experienced coders like the ESF team, I mean the 2338 2.5 version is only 2mb download!!!
Or something like that, u gotta admit a 2mb download with a far more advanced model situation than ESF, a 40mb download?
The coder who did this was a kid. And most of the ESF team have a experience coding/degree and are 20+!
Just my little bit!
Peace!
Kame-Haka

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the ghoul engine would be best suited for this feature (SOF II) its possible with the HL engine only thats alot of modeling work!

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf is not changing engines :p

end of story... topic should be closed...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Kame-Haka
Why not? Half-Life Mod 2338 has it, ur model doesnt have legs off, and it just switches to a model with 1 leg, 1 arm etc...
and on ur hud with ur body... Say u got ur right arm shot with the laser 9mm, it would cut ur arm off, so your right arm would be shown on ur green body (in ur hud) and the right arm would be pure red to show injury.
You Lose aim, and your model is changed to one with no right arm... Easy as pie for experienced coders like the ESF team, I mean the 2338 2.5 version is only 2mb download!!!
Or something like that, u gotta admit a 2mb download with a far more advanced model situation than ESF, a 40mb download?
The coder who did this was a kid. And most of the ESF team have a experience coding/degree and are 20+!
Just my little bit!
Peace!
Kame-Haka
Do you realize exactly how many models you are talking about? The mod would be hundreds of megs . . . yes, a model for every combination of lost limbs. The ghoul engine removes limbs on the fly, however, the models will suffer higher poly counts (just as if you had animated mouths). That would slow gameplay. Adding limb damage correctly is something that is probably never going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom