Down in the ground... or through a mountian

Best answers
any body ever suggest a power hit that can knock you several yards in the ground or a few mountians that you can go through? Tehehe

Best answers
I think everybody would like to see that happening in ESF, but i think it won't be in the coming Beta. They're just not far enough to being able to introduce that to ESF but maybe in one of the coming releases. But a great idea never the less.

-=[SSJS]=-P.A.T.
http://members.tripodnet.nl/esforces

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats impossbale unless your useing geomod, which esf are not useing, and will never use, since its crap on multiplayer and they r not swaping engis.

:tired:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
well the power hit is a good idea...
u could just hit the guy and watch him splat on the ground :p
AND get pl for it :D

Best answers
It would be fun, but not longlasting, after a while you wouldn't have any mountains left.

although when you fire a blast on the ground you see little rocks coming off, they can make bigger/more with bigger blasts

Gtz
I

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
U dont need mountains...
A floor is enough to splat on.

Would be a nice thing for melee :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>:| this has been suggested before, by me, and it can happen. Lag free also. tho there wont be any way to stop it, it would kinda be like sv_friction -4329432 and when you hit the ground and lose some health its restores, but harSens could ork up something better with his 1337 coding.

Best answers
Actually going through objects is almost impossible with HL coding, and would take special coding and likely only work for certain objects.

But perhaps if an attack really nailed you, you could go flying into the ground, create an explosion soot effect, and go skidding along the ground. It would be a cool effect.

Oh, plus with the particle system you can kick up dust when you slam down and skid along!

But again, actually going through most terrain would likely be impossible in HL (unless you made your entire map outta squares of breakable terrain maybe, which would lag like crazy and take FOREVER to map).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oi, been a while :p Yeah, it's a good thought, but HL just isn't really capable. Though the idea of sliding and kicking up a lot of dust and rocks is a good thought.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that would be very cool to see

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe when u hit the wall/ground u see a ring of dust fly out, it'd make it look cooler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there should also be some dust if u fly really low...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So of those effects were already in the beta if I read good enought. ;)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, they are possible though.

I'm moving this to suggestions for good 'ol harSens to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom