Customizable Characters?

Best answers
First, let me apolgize if i'm repeating an Idea.. i've been away from the mod for some while but intend on gettin back into things with my new internet connection...

Been watching the DBZ series and was thinking how neat it would be to see this char or that char in the game... so I wondered if in future release (way off.. i know the team is busy as it is) that a customizable character option could be implemented... this is how i see it..

1.) Custom model be uploaded to server like that in standard DM, model obviously conforming to the model specs much like repleacable models in CS do.
2.) A config file be uploaded as well. THis file would specifiy colors of beams, aura's etc... as well as a moves list. Let's say there is a total points pool like 30 (example), where a transformation counts a 10, a kamehameha 5 etc etc... allowing people to essentially choose the combos of moves and transformation etc..

Config file would be server checked for allowable combos.. perhaps some combos not be allowed.

Haven't considered how sounds would work, and obviosuly users can turn off custom models with that cl_allow_download command thingy...

Only draw backs i see is possible unbalanced characters combos. Maybe this sort of mode should become a new game-play mode or a duel sort of mode, that way the two oposing characters don't really know what each other has....

This would open up the way to model sites of sorts that would have models for download with sets of animations... sorta like CS Skin sites...

Anyways.. lotsa holes in this idea.. so please.. flame away, I know you all like to.. but it's just a humble suggestion

Keep up the good work ESF team. Think you're makin a stellar mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be too much work and i dont even think hl could really handel something like that very well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom