Models

Best answers
Its a shame that the models for this game are getting so much priase. I admit they are "Good" but they arnt very accurate to what they should look like and I think it would help the ESF team allthough it might annoy them for the people on the forum to stop saying.

"omfg great model that totaly ownz"

To everything presented to them.

Im not moaning because ive played this mod and it was alot of fun but the models and maps are looking very unpolished in my opinion.

The new Krillin model is too tall all skinny, the head seems to be in correct proportion.

Your work is good but I think some critism from people instead of 100% praise would help you to improve the mod 200%.

Keep up the good work though because the mods gameplay is alot of fun.

Best answers
Well, I don't care what he says about the models...just don't knock the maps till you see them :) FYI, all the 2.0 maps won't be in the beta btw :)

Best answers
good point. the levels look awesome possum. Damn I wanna play one already, can you guys list some of the names?? Ya know, tease us to please us?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fans slam our models pretty hard, look at the krillin post...

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Kelis
Its a shame that the models for this game are getting so much priase. I admit they are "Good" but they arnt very accurate to what they should look like and I think it would help the ESF team allthough it might annoy them for the people on the forum to stop saying.

right let's hear the arguments.

"omfg great model that totaly ownz"

To everything presented to them.
sorry? Just coz a few ppl say that everyone on the forum does?

Im not moaning because ive played this mod and it was alot of fun but the models and maps are looking very unpolished in my opinion.

The new Krillin model is too tall all skinny, the head seems to be in correct proportion.
the models the maps and then u give krillin as an example. Seriously, if u give 1 example and after that u cienta suggest that that counts for all the models and maps? Like maybe some more examples to talk about?

Your work is good but I think some critism from people instead of 100% praise would help you to improve the mod 200%.

Keep up the good work though because the mods gameplay is alot of fun. [/b]
alltough I do agree with u, I'm getting the feeling that u are talking about alpha 2.0 and not the new beta, first of all ur saying the mods gameplay is a lot of fun, how do u know? from what I have heard the gameplay in the new beta will be COMPLETELY different, now I'm not sure about wich maps and models u are talking.. also the ones of the beta wich u haven't seen yet (maps?) or the maps of the alpha? That's some huge difference dude. And the models, wich one do u mean? like freeza, if so, I really think u should look a LOT better because those two are VERY sweet, or maybe goku, vegeta, cell?? Those are sweet too if u ask me. Let's see whats left. I agree that the Piccolo skin is a bit :rolleyes: and personally the gohan skin and krillin skin are :rolleyes: too (sorry mastah). But then I don't get ur point that "the models" as u call them aren't very accurate, if u say thing like that the least I expect is that more then 50% of the models are like that, but to my point of view they aren't.

Either way I'd like some clarity on ur post

grtz Nz-

Best answers
well the goku model is fine, but no offense against pcjoe, but the skin needs some work. Personally i liked the skin made by xstortionist for goku, looked "ALOT" more like goku (head skin). I understand that the models are constantly reworked (well i think so), just wondering which skins/models were reworked. Also i was wondering if any animations were redone....i noticed that when vegeta does bb his hand is all bent the wrong way.....strange.

Best answers
Well, to tell the truth most of the models are just fine the way they are. They only look messed up most of the time because of the animations...but we're working hard to fix that right now.

Best answers
You can criticize to a point, but why criticize when the ESF team knows what is wrong, LET THEM Criticize their own work...they dont need 500 people saying one thing sux when ESF team already knows whats wrong...so just wait awhile. PlUS THESE A PICTURES, the krillin you see is not an ingame pic......so they will look different

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sure the team is 100% aware that the models are not perfect, crtiazisim is what helps but im sure the team knows what is wrong with each thing im sure they comment on each others work. And having 100% perfect models does not add to the gameplay aslong as you know who you are, thats all that counts (IMO) and with the current released videos and pictures its very clear! :D

BrunO

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Yes, gameplay matters most in a game....
But if the visuals are realy bad, it'll still put a damper on the overall enjoyability of the game.

The game could be a blast, but if I cringe everytime my character moves.....

Best answers
Ok.

I dont know which version it was I played but it was quite a recent one.

I do realise given the half life engine its hard to make a nice looking large map while keeping the fps down.

This is a model from one of the quake DBZ TC's "Dragonball Quake"

Now this is the standard of model that can be achieved which is why I think the ESF ones can be improved on vastly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Kelis
Ok.

I dont know which version it was I played but it was quite a recent one.

I do realise given the half life engine its hard to make a nice looking large map while keeping the fps down.

This is a model from one of the quake DBZ TC's "Dragonball Quake"

Now this is the standard of model that can be achieved which is why I think the ESF ones can be improved on vastly.
That standard of model can be achieved with the QUAKE3 engine not the half-life engine, esf has done very very well with the capabilities of the engine. :D
But im not just blindly sticking up for the mod, and FYI i currently think the head of the Goku model can be improved. :D

BrunO

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That can be acheived in Half-life. I just hate that excuse - ITS NOT POSSIBLE IN HALF-LIFE, THATS WHY OUT MODELS AND SKINS SUCK ASS!
what bull****, half-life is limited, but you can make a model with 1000+ polys.
Also ever think we dont have the ability to make that type of model/skin? Ned is pretty talented, im pretty far off before even reaching 1/2 of what he is.

Edit - Oh yeah, If you looked at Beta 1's new maps, their probably 4 times the size of the Alpha 2.0 maps.

Best answers
The DBZ pic I posted are about 1200 polys so im told which is around the same as the ESF ones, its just they are all done i the right places.

I wouldnt bitc h about the models as much but I think this mod can do really well and I have noticed from playing that this was one of the largest areas its held back in (That and the melee system which im told is being worked on.)

Also I was wondering if you needed a new web design for ESF cus id be happy to help out with that when i reformat me PC....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the most of the models, its just thiers little things to be werked on. but im no modeller, so who am i to critisize...

ps if u ever do switch engines, which u prolly wont, i suggest jk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom