Transformation through rage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this would be a cool addition to my previous idea (see "I think this should be in beta" thread"):

If the bar is all filled up and the rage kicks in, AND you almost have the required PL to transform, you just transform 'cause of the rage. This would be extremely cool in a PS.

Oh, by the way: rage should only be in Teamplay mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then they would have to remake recode the hud

Best answers
But you should have to like press click the mouse real fast or something, cuz that would just be cheap if you got "enraged" all the time. Peeps with like 500 PL COULD GO SSJ THEN! At least make it more difficult than that....

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Originally posted by [DBZ]SSJ Vegeta
But you should have to like press click the mouse real fast or something, cuz that would just be cheap if you got "enraged" all the time. Peeps with like 500 PL COULD GO SSJ THEN! At least make it more difficult than that....
He did actually say that you needed to be close to the required pl.

Originally posted by Enforcer15
Why should that only work in teamplay mode???
Well, from SSJ4's original post you can see that you only gain rage from seeing team mates hurt.

Originally posted by SSJ4 Vegetto
This bar keeps filling up as long as team members are being hurt. If it gets to the max, you'd better watch out,
It makes sense, you wouldn't get angry because people in a free for all were getting hurt. But if I could make a suggestion, it might be a good idea to make it so your team mates have to be within a certain distance to affect your Rage Bar.

I like the idea, it would make a great addition to the game. :)

Best answers
yeh A good point there Engar, alouth it could work with any distance in theory. I mean they can sense Ki and if they sensed a team amtes Ki drop radidly the rage bar could go up, if you no what i mean, lol and a little warning noise and exclamation mark should apear above the player when i t happens like if a guard thinks your there in MGS2

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Your right, but if you could gain rage from all your team members being hurt then you could transform quickly. I'm just worried about two evenly matched teams where one, through pure skill, pulls together and starts thrashing the other. Then the, less skilled, opposing team suddenly transforms through the rage bar and gains a huge advantage.

I was just thinking that if a distance was applied this sort of thing would happen less often, even though it doesn't exactly hold true to DBZ.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think this would be good for gohan.. maybe only for him to turn ssj2, thats the way it happened.. i mean.. yea other characters got hurt, but they didn't go up a saiyan level..

soo when gohan is ssj, his rage bar fills up, then he can turn ssj2 automatically if his pl is around that level.. yes no? or u want me to stop.. :talk:

Best answers
You should also get enraged as you get hurt. If you happen to die before you use your rage then the bar would decrease from your death a little (as a penalty). But in teamplay modes it would also rise as your teamates die (it would have to be permadeath like counterstrike, but they should be able to be wished back) otherwise, why get enraged when they just respawn a second later?

Best answers
Well what i think you should do is that it takes a long time to kill someone, and your Health is pretty high, I mean if this is a DBZ based games, why does everyone die in 4 seconds, (LOL OR MAYB ITS JUST MY RIBBISH PLAYING SKILLZ) anyway i think the idea b4 about getting wished back would be kool, in a teamplay match your friends have to deside on weither to spend a wish on bringing you back or what ever, also the rage bar could work with distance and i could understand what you mean Engar but its not like, "**** that guy just died, Im SSJ2" I mean like, It only goes up in small amouont and if you were harder to kill, the gameplay could be a bit better, and you wouldnt get raged up as quicky, cuase at the mo (in my games anyway) 5 seconds into the game, all my team die 5 times andi m SSJ (lol, i would die 2)

Anyway mayb ive just been jibering

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
Um...Goku turned SSJ thru rage, not just Gohan.
oh yea forgot about that.. but not every1, just certain people.. because.. it wouldn't make sense rite? and if buu get's his rage up, they should show all that steam coming up! woah! tite! ahaha :p

Best answers
i thought you meant going up a SSJ stage, i.e. Not from Sayain to SSJ, n/m guys im jibering!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe in the dragonball hunt, yea i like how you die permanently and can watch from king kai's planet.. and probably train to get stronger.. than when your team collects the dragonballs, they should be able to revive everyone on the team! untill the next round where everyone is respawn in counterstrike ;)

Best answers
About that Rage Thingy i thought it should be like you just could see your freind in site!

Best answers
i like the idea of having rounds rather than respawning all the time. Finding the dragonballs to bring people back is good but I think it should only be alowd once a round. Kinda like a round would equal a year or however much time.

Best answers
Also, when you die i dont' think you should be able to train at king kais cause everyone would want to die. i think you should go to the other world and battle in the stadium where goku and pikkon fought. There should only be two in the ring at a time and the winner shoudl go back to the other fight. or you could get wished back. It would be so cool :)

Best answers
ok now thinking gameplay wise and how most games are made (espeically looking at this one, which is based off of halflife's engine no??) and whats possible for the (one coder, as i ve heard) to do all this without any major changes..... .. the rage bar thing i think can be done using the current charge up bar , the turning ssj,ssj2, or whatever through rage thing sounds cool (of course it would probably take alot to do it) ...... and about the wishing people back thing that sounds good and maybe you can wish your team back if you are the only one left and you have collected all the db's (man would't that be hard, you'd probably have to hide somewhere or something) .... but how would they put that into the game??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom