Starting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I create a game nobody joins is it because my server isn't on the internet.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are u making a lan game or are you making an internet game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im making internet games.Is my server there?Can anybody see me playing?How do I put my server on the join game system?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it automaticly is...

when u make a server make sure that the game is on esf (doh :) ) and u the total ammount of players is higher then 1 (again doh :) ) use a map that everyone has.

If after that nobody joins, nobody wants to play the game or they don't like the map or they think the ping is :no: .

btw: I c u found the right section to post questions like this :p

grtz Nz-

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, I have all my computers at home LANed together and I can never seem to successfully create an internet game. Too many problems with IP addresses and such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you behind a router? Cause that differs, MUCH.

If you are it will transmit your LAN ip, not your WAN. If so get your WAN ip and place this line in the (listen)server ip "192.168.1.1" but then your WAN ip.

Also make sure to open atleast port 27015 and route the trafic from port 27015 to your pc port.

Best answers
That, and you'll have to put your computer in front of the routers firewall, otherwise even if you have your wan ip, the firewall will block anyone from joining. Two ways to do this is to go into your router properties and either forward your lan ip outside the firewall or set your computer up as the DMZ host. Either way will put you in front of the firewall. And you don't hafta open port 27015, it is open automatically by default when you create a server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's on 8 players ,and it's on esf but still nobody joins.I'll find away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always give my WAN ip by that command, I always have opened port 27015 and I translocate that port to another one in the LAN to bypass the firewall. it mostly works but I must admit some plp can't join. Actually only plp who I gave the ip join. :D

So I really don't need to open the port? Thats kinda weird. I'm sure you're wrong.

yet, sofar I know we only need port 27015. Could be mistaken bout that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom