ph34r virus has made it way into esf..

Best answers
well just getting back from the 3rd server now with the anoying "virus" i might as well post this too everyone just incase, it seams 1 or possibly more dragonmod z players have somehow managed to infect there own esf servers with this file spammer called ph34r, however its very easy to get rid of just turn your cl_allowdownload 0 and cl_allowupload 0 or if you dont play esf that much and/or want to still download custom maps just open the start menu and open the find files and folders program and do a search for ph34r (without the spaces) and simply delete any files that may come up with that name in them, hope this has been helpful, maybe it should be a sticky?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thx for posting this!! It turns out that I had this virus, but what does it do?!?!?

Best answers
well nothing except gives your computer alot of unnessary files, thats bad news if you dont have alot of room left on your computer :\ heres the offical readme

Warning DMZ Server Bug Exploit: This will make you download a lot of unessary files. Avoid it please. If you get it deleate the files! They will spread if you create a server. This bug is VIRUS LIKE, but NOT an actual virus. It spreads very much like a virus and is highly annoying.
to stop server from giving you files: cl_allowdownload 0
to stop giving the server your files: cl_allowupload 0

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thnx i had that too but what does it do... btw it was in a city res file for othe ppl if u have it

o thannx alot man
ps r u ~{ape}~mystic gohan??

Best answers
Yeah I had this too thanks

Yeah tahts Ape Mystic aka Ape Doppelganger

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EEK i had it.... i dont know how..... i only played dmz for one day :(

*love the clouds mate*
Cheeseman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Best answers
ya ive just noticed i cant play on any esf server without having downloading that file all over again :cry: ill just set my cl_downloads and uploads to 0, this is *seriously* anoying and ya im ~{ape}~Mystic Saiyan aka doppel :)

Best answers
Thx for pointing that out had some few problems with it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol the 1st server i went into i got the virus, i deleted it thou :) it was very annoying thou:\

Best answers
wow. i got it too. well, i'm not suprised. heaps of servers i enter makeme download all these files. i even got it on DragonMod Z. hope you guys don't mind me playing DMZ. due to time zone probs, i can never find a ESF sever so i play DMZ.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats why u allowdl0 :p

it also reduces lag :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
how does it reduce lag?? cuz likemy ping is almost always in the 430s at night... or is just cuz i live in cali :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it reduces lag because u dont dl thigns like custom sprays and stuff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully this will be worked out with the launch of beta1 with its model lock option and more dedicated servers.

BrunO

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Again people..

that is NOT A VIRUS......
It just spreads in a virus-like manner..

It's a harmless file, don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom