hard hit

Best answers
i would be cool that you can hit someone so hard he flies trough a wall or building and leaves holes and cracks in the wall or ground:shocked:

ultrassj_vegeta

U
u mean it would be yeh......... yeh it wud be cool.... but cud it be ........ done that is.....

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would think it would be very difficult to do. It certainly would make it much more like the show. Since they seem to do that all that time. Someone is always flying through buildings or rocks.

Let's just sit back and see what the team has in store for us.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by V3g3t@
i would be cool that you can hit someone so hard he flies trough a wall or building and leaves holes and cracks in the wall or ground:shocked:
You cant fly through wall and buildings, its not posible with the hl engine. You CAN make cracks/holes(Sprites)in the wall though.

Best answers
Not true pc I looked into it and permenent land damage is possible but IS VERY(and I mean VERY) slow on the hl engine. Sure its possible but just the lag it would give your video card wouldnt be worth it. I mean it could be made without lag if you edited the rad, vis, and bsp thing that you make maps with. Lets just say if you want to do permie land damage go with q3...

Best answers
that true u can go though wall wat about that cs map like sniper wars spmething if u shoot the wall 10 times it brakes.. so u could do it but there no real point i think

Best answers
I have tried to do this before on maps, but its to time consuming to do it. Probably the easiest thing would be to just make parts of the map be breakable, walls or parts of building, i remember a friend of mine doing a map with a slowly destroyable bulding, like peice by peice it would slowly get destroyed, it was good, but there was only one building in the map. I would still like to see a map with destructable buildings in it, unfortuneatly the rubble never looks quite right (to small) & the lag when you break something on slow computers is........;( , anyway i don't have to much knowledge on maps but thats my input.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there was a cs map like that

it was mostly a long cave path that led to the terrs building and you their was a huge turret to shoot the building to pieces. the floor, walls, and ceiling could be blown up.

Best answers
I have just bought Dragon Ball Final Boute for my Playstation and you can get send flying through rocks on that, also Kame-Haka has a ESF Map where your in space and can blow up asteroids. Also Kai EMPTY YOUR PM BOX!

G-S

Best answers
Hey G-s did u make kai that akuma sig, looks like ur work

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your pm box is full, so can't ask you to send the me avatar

ultrassj_vegeta

U
i rmb in like firearms u havta like destroy this wall and stuff... wat bout day of defeat?? dun that hav like blwoing thingies up ... like walls... but if u imagine wat it wud be like if they did that on esf... i mean it wud build up lag

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Gimli
Not true pc I looked into it and permenent land damage is possible but IS VERY(and I mean VERY) slow on the hl engine. Sure its possible but just the lag it would give your video card wouldnt be worth it. I mean it could be made without lag if you edited the rad, vis, and bsp thing that you make maps with. Lets just say if you want to do permie land damage go with q3...
Um, dude, Perminate land damage isnt possible on HL + Q3. The only way you could get perminate land damage is if you made every sqare foot of the map destructable. The first probablem would be getting it to compile, second problem is getting it to run over 10 fps on my athlon xp 1900. Also, you would need more direct access to the engine to do things like that.
btw... When i say perminate land damage, i mean the mapper making the map normally, and the code would accually take chunks out of the level, like Red faction.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Even on Red Faction, with its geo-mod stuff and all, still lags a lot on most computers. Youd really need a super computer to get no lag on any game with destructable stuff.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by suicidal_maniac
Even on Red Faction, with its geo-mod stuff and all, still lags a lot on most computers. Youd really need a super computer to get no lag on any game with destructable stuff.
It doesnt lag on my older pc(PIII 500). If it lags that bad, the pc your trying to run it on must suck...

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yup my comp really does suck that bad. I guess its just me then that has probs with Red Faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom