Half-Life engine

Best answers
I dont know how many of the team have played Jedi Knight II but the engine they use their is alittle more suffisticated from Half-Life. I think it would be a very good engine to put ESF on. Or perhaps an integrated engine that could be copy writed by the ESF team, Oktagon or whatever. It would still function the same with the special ki attacks as weapons in the inventory except that you could have better meele moves, i just thought it would look alittle better. Just a suggestion, thats why its in the Suggestions Forum. Flame will be accepted along with critisizm. No more Cheese spam though, i think i have seen enough of that.

*if i want cheese spam, ill have cheese spam :p *
Cheeseman

Best answers
Well first I think that these guys are so far along with the halflife engine that they won't throw away everything they're made so far to switch to a whole new engine.

Second, theres no such thing as the Jedi Knight 2 engine. Its simply the quake 3 engine with added bells and whistles.

Once the beta comes out you'll see theres no need to use another engine, the one they're using is fine. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, they have gone too far to just switch to another engine!!

Second, the HL engine is just fine!! In fact, in my opinion, it is better than the q3 engine!! HL has a much better netcode, and it can be handled by most computers without lag!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no way in hell is esf giving up its chokeing grip on the hl dbz mod world!!!!! MWAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

ahem esf is not moveing engines.... end of story

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JK2 is a modified Q3 engine and the Q3 engine is *** to the max

throwing away all their've done would suck

if they were gunna change engines it wouldnt be such a small change, it would be to a engine with much more potential, something like the Unreal2 engine with its advanced physics and all that ****

Best answers
They chose the hl engine because it has a much greater player base and it can do the job well enough... end of story

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and cus its much easier to code than other games

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Easier to code C++ is used in both HL and Q3. If you want to get technical the HL engine is just a modified Q1 engine but to a larger extent than what JKII is to the Q3 engine. And a change from the HL to Q3 engine is not a small change and anyway UT2003 aint out yet!
And the Q£ engine is an excellent engine, why do you think it has been used for so many retail successful games!
And ESF has gone so far with this HL engine it would be stupid to change engines and loose all there work!

BrunO

ultrassj_vegeta

U
excuse me u stupid person who wants to change engine..... STOP DELAYING IT!!! LET THEM MAKE IT !!!!!! stupid bumwipe

*you're about one step away from a ban you insolent, rude, ill mannered, poorly educated child*
Cheeseman

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed there not gonna change so stop asking already

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err... he only asked once.... then you guys kept flaming him...

You guys almost made points... I think he got them.. SO let this thread die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by BrunO
Easier to code C++ is used in both HL and Q3. If you want to get technical the HL engine is just a modified Q1 engine but to a larger extent than what JKII is to the Q3 engine. And a change from the HL to Q3 engine is not a small change and anyway UT2003 aint out yet!
And the Q£ engine is an excellent engine, why do you think it has been used for so many retail successful games!
And ESF has gone so far with this HL engine it would be stupid to change engines and loose all there work!

BrunO
i ment a small change in the number of extra abilities the engine has over the HL engine

UT2003 isnt out yet....errr your point being it doesnt have to be out right now, i was saying some time in the future (also i said Unreal2 not UT2003)

and why the Q3 engine was used for so many games was cus no one tryed to make a better one, so everyone got stuck with it.

but i do agree with ya on the with the whole it would be stupid to change engines now.

Best answers
OK i got JEdi knight and if u have alook at there maps there not really tall so maybe not much space to fly, ok i havent looked at it much in a map creating way but thats wat i thing, Also LOOK AT WAT THEY HAVE DONE ON THE HL ENG its FINE its the best i have seen, not only should they some one tell the Planet H to look at vids,

Plus UT2003 will rock but u want a mod for a game TOnes of people have, it would be good but they dont need to change it..

ESF ROCKS GO GO GO GO GO GO ESF

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im sure if u wait abit there will be a dbz mod for jk2 sooner or later

ps: how can a game engine be ***???

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
Bruno . . . HL is QII not Q1 :)
No, im pretty sure its built off of the Q1 engine...

ultrassj_vegeta

U
hmmmm... i still dun c wats wrong wit the hl engine..... i mean its good an all... y change it.... but i guess sum engines wud be pretty sweet.. but that wud mean starting again.. an that wud just hatus....... loadsa ppl hav hl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i reckon its fine how it is, it does the well enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom