melee sudj.

Best answers
Joe wanted some ideas so post all of em here. I think a deeper blocking system, say Vegeta came at goku and starting attaking him with melee, goku would block by blocking each hit (like punch for punch kick for kick blocking like when they are fightin before they confront fat buu) I dunno how much work that'd be but it's just an idea, post some more guys

Best answers
I know it's already been discussed, but I think this would be an interesting addition. It's basically just a melee powerstruggle, and I think it'd be true to the show. You could have grabbing from behind (Vegeta and Goku, Buu saga) or the locked hands thing (a la Goku and Cell).
I'd say the struggle can be won with ki, or by punching/kicking faster than your opponent (I know it sounds DMZish, but don't worry; this is the ONLY place I'd suggest it makes sense).
Thanks for reading, and thanks for the videos Mastasurf; we really appreciate them!
Kudos PCJoe, and the ESF team in general.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about an idea of combo moves.. like in the DBZ games for SNES or playstation, you have to press a series of directional buttons combined with either the punch or kick button to do a combo move..

with the new melee, if you guys are a few feet away, you do for instance lets say left back right + kick for gokou would do a 5 kick combo move! u move mouse in the direction of the enemy, and if the first kick connects, the enemy would sorta b stuck till the combo is over, unless he can counter with another move.. or he can just press the block button and wait till the combo is over..

with the combo move maybe like the the games, gokou can have that fast lightning kick from the air with some ki put into the attack! and like for buu, if u wanted to do his punch from underground or throw a piece of his body at you, u have to press a series of buttons then either the punch or kick button and he does the move

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No combos, doesnt work well ingame, i already tried coding it in.

Best answers
keep the ideas coming, I'll try to think of something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about a lock-on melee mode? if two people both have their melee toggled, they would lock on into a fight. if you are close to someone when your melee is toggled on, you lock directly onto them and stay aimed at them no matter how you move so that you don't "slip" by each other like if you were moving too fast or you were slightly off center.. so they actually lock into a fight where the two characters aim at each other as they dodge and move back and up and down left and right, duking it out UNTIL somebody is knocked out or knocked way away with a power hit or blast.

what do u guys think? ¿¿¿¿¿¿ :yes: ??????

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
sounds almost like a dualling option, select target, lock on, fight till death, move along

It has its merits, but i sorta enjoy takin on multiple enemies and dieing with honour, and a gewd belly laugh :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [UCB]Hi_There!
I know it's already been discussed, but I think this would be an interesting addition. It's basically just a melee powerstruggle, and I think it'd be true to the show. You could have grabbing from behind (Vegeta and Goku, Buu saga) or the locked hands thing (a la Goku and Cell).
I'd say the struggle can be won with ki, or by punching/kicking faster than your opponent (I know it sounds DMZish, but don't worry; this is the ONLY place I'd suggest it makes sense).
Thanks for reading, and thanks for the videos Mastasurf; we really appreciate them!
Kudos PCJoe, and the ESF team in general.
More specifily

Originally posted by [UCB]Hi_There!
You could have grabbing from behind (Vegeta and Goku, Buu saga) or the locked hands thing (a la Goku and Cell).
I'd say the struggle can be won with ki, or by punching/kicking faster than your opponent
Try looking here, http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4092
Then say your sorry. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeseman
sounds almost like a dualling option, select target, lock on, fight till death, move along

It has its merits, but i sorta enjoy takin on multiple enemies and dieing with honour, and a gewd belly laugh :fight:
well u still can take on multiple enemies.. juss for one on one melee suggestion and you only lock on if both of you have your melee toggled, aDUH ;D

and other suggestions, such as a powerstruggle with your hands, can be done too with this idea :p

Best answers
Sierra Sonic, I am sorry, but only insofar as I had to reintroduce an idea. I was not attempting to steal the idea; I remembered reading it and wanted it to be part of the melee suggestions.
While perhaps the team occasionally digs deep into the forum for feature concepts, I get the feeling that PCJoe asked for a thread like this for a reason...
I routinely search the forum before posting, so as to avoid reintroducing ideas as my own. That's why I specifically mentioned that this had been discussed before. I certainly didn't want you to think I was presenting your intellectual property as my own.
I hope you accept my apology.

Cheers!

Best answers
Okay this is the suggestion forum so even my verry stupid idea might have a chance.

Wot about a key that translocates you right next to you're opponent
Not that you can translocate over a large distance but the more power you got the further you can "jump"to you're opponent. Then you can have serie like fights...

there might be a delay if you have less power so that the more power the faster you relocate..

the idea needs to be worked out, but this was an initial thought.

(the "jump" distance should not be large because of the beam attacks)

ultrassj_vegeta

U
mmm this is quite a good idea actually..... coz then u aim at an enemy and u teleport close to them and can engage in melee.... good idea man... but start a new thread....

ultrassj_vegeta

U
no... its just so u teleport as close as u can to them

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, i already coded that in when i was first coding melee(just to test), basically a advanced DMZ hyper punch. It kinda got cheesy after awhile, so we implented "swooping". When your ingame swooping, it feels like your in kaio ken, pretty fun...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no one likes the lock-on suggestion?? :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i reckon would be king would be if goku had instant transmission that isnt a move thats selected but is just a button and ya can use it while charging to appear next to someone(for all those who dont know instate transmission cant take you anywhere you have to lock-onto someones Ki signature then appear next to them) so with that ya could do the sorta thing that goku did to cell, but ya would have to have it so if ya use it and your not charging it doesnt use all that much but if ya use it when charging it uses alot, cus otherwise people would spam the move

so for the move to work ya just put your cursor on the person ya want to "IT" next to then press the button, so what do ya's think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the problemo is that the blast, it doesn't go through the enemy really, juss blows up.. so if yer close, you juss blow up yerself anyways like in alpha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if ya press block ya ride the beam but other than that im not sure, hmmm dunno how youd work that out, the only way ya could really be able to do it would be to have it so it detects if your close enough to be caught in your own explosion if so then it pushes em away the dets at a certain distance

Best answers
I also put in a yes vote for the "melee power struggle" idea, but I don't see that you would *need* to have the characters grabbing each other etc, although that is nice for cosmetic reasons. (And grabbing from behind I think is a great idea as well!)

I would suggest just using the standard animations that the models have for punching etc (I hope there is a fair few different punch/kick animations per model) and basically you begin a melee struggle with an opponent and then button bash etc, just like a beam struggle. The models just punch and kick away at each other and depending on whos winning the struggle defines who gets hit, who blocks/dodges etc. If you begin winning, you smash your opponent across the map and you (perhaps automatically?) "teleport" (just like they do in the cartoons) up next to where they end up to continue the fight.

This would make it so your models are still moving around while in a melee struggle, so you both aren't sitting ducks for cherry pickers. Another idea to stop people pciking you off is that you can use your PL aura's to blast off players and their attacks like Cell did while PS with Gohan and the others were shooting at him.

Let's throw some more ideas around people cos a good melee system will really make this mod kick arse IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom