Beta Questions

want a vgui or menu select for high-medium-low detailed characters?

• menu select for model details high-med-low?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no menu select for model details

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
alritey, in alpha 2.0 when beams hit surfaces, they cause my framerate to drop to around 2 frames and with all the dynamic lighting it goes even lower, i hope there is an option to shut off dynamic lighting in the beta and the question is, will the explosions still lag the frick outta me? because that just.... aggravates me, allot, and also will their be a vgui selection or menu selection for medium detail high detail and low detail? i wish that was implementable, like low detail it would have low poly models like maybe 500 and high would have like 1500 polys and medium would be like 800

plz consider it :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesnt lag on my comp, so my sugestion is to get a new comp, or go broadband instead of 56k which u most likely have

Best answers
ALL the staff has assured us the beta is great even with 56k! Most testers have 56k and play it great from what I hear. So this poll wasn't of much use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im on 56g@y in the US, and I can play someone in Australia without a problem!! Although, I think they are going to make it so u can turn off the dynamic lighting, but Im not sure!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, dont reply if you have no reasnable thing to do. "Go buy a new comp" Why dont you buy me one Im sure your dont mind wasteing the money, even though 2 lines of code could fix your problem.

Second off, it has nothing to do with his modem, again if you want to buy me dsl sure go ahead, 56k will be fine for me.

Ok the model poly can be lowered, but I like it the way they are low or high detail. No need for medium.
Your video card cant handle the dynamic lights, nether can mine.
A button to turn off the lights is in the beta already and was suggested.

Again if you say buy a new video card think of this, my comp cant... the bios wont allow it, buy me a new comp and then a new video card. But I think the fixes in the beta will save you cash.

Really why buy a new comp when software can fix your problem... also lag can be fixed, guess with what CODE! yes code let harsens help the low comp/modem resources not you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think ur all confusing lag with fps loss

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know hes just babbleing like usual

anyway if u have fps loss in hl ur video card must be like 6 years old cause hl and esf is not a hard game to run

Best answers
Well unfortunately a new comp is out of the question for me, especially if a few strings of code can help instead of spending 500 bucks, i have a geforce 2 mx 400 and 233 mhz, doesnt help and the problems isnt the video card, its my whole pc, its just crap!, and i dont have 56k.... i have cable thankfully it just SICKENS me when people say "buy a new pc" i feel like going over their house, stealign their computers, then shoving a bull horn up their ass! well im getting carried away, i hope you 1337 coders can come up with a menu for detail settings instead of leaving me out of the beta 1 pic, ive been playing since the first version was released... with modeled beams and stuff.. ahh the days with 25 fps and not 5 :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not saying buy a new pc buttmunch im saying buy a new video card i mean if ur video card is that old u shouldnt even be playing hl...

and there not gonna make brand new models just so u can play it on ur old ass video card i mean what do u have anyway gforce 0 :p

Best answers
getting a new stick of ram should be sufficient, and it's only $20 give or take five dollars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no hibiki is right, i better video card would be better, a 64m card would so fine

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u prob wouldnt even need a 64m on but that would work fine like tep said

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a Voodoo 3 3000, and HL runs incredibly smooth for me. If you could get a hold of one (if you don't plan on getting any high req programs in the near future), it may solve your problem, and it won't be an expensive solution. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err... His video card is fine, I have a 4mb video card and HL runs perfectly, its just esfs dynamic lights.

Hibiki he didnt say YOU told him to buy a new comp, he said he just hates it when people say that. Frankly so do I.

Hibiki, HL includes this great ability to lower the details on the model through code. Thus the High Quality Models button in the customize menu. So they wouldnt have to make new models just for him.

Best answers
ARE YOU GUYS BLIND? i listed above that my video card is a geforce 2 mx 400, hibiki your not worthy of that previous insult "buttmunch" , didn't really know that the esf team couldnt make lower poly models, its an easier job then what you want... hmm say what hibiki? a 1,000,000 poly model for your super fast high end pc? gimme a break man, not everyone can afford a 3.0 ghz or upgrades :\ ;( and next time read my post instead of just continuing to babble, my comp should be suffecient enough for esf as it is but it isnt

and also, i bought 128 stick of ram, and guess what it doesnt do jack about framerate sooo woop dii doo

read below incase you still couldnt understand what read means :(

Well unfortunately a new comp is out of the question for me, especially if a few strings of code can help instead of spending 500 bucks, i have a geforce 2 mx 400 and 233 mhz, doesnt help and the problems isnt the video card, its my whole pc, its just crap!, and i dont have 56k.... i have cable thankfully it just SICKENS me when people say "buy a new pc" i feel like going over their house, stealign their computers, then shoving a bull horn up their ass! well im getting carried away, i hope you 1337 coders can come up with a menu for detail settings instead of leaving me out of the beta 1 pic, ive been playing since the first version was released... with modeled beams and stuff.. ahh the days with 25 fps and not 5

Best answers
I don't like ppl that whine when their computers can't keep up with today's stuff when they use computers more than 5 yrs old.;( That just pisses me off...go upgrade your damn relic and quit complaining if your TNT1 P2 233 32 megs Ram can't handle new stuff. This is 2002, not 1995. ;( Maybe a few lines of code can save you $$$ now...but what happens when anything new comes out and you want to play it but can't. You might as well have spent $$$ cause now you won't be able to play them.

Best answers
Ok, anyways. Your video card is perfectly fine. A geforce 2 MX can outrun even the fastest Voodoo card that 3dfx ever made, and it can certainly handle an old game like halflife. Your obvious problem is your computer. And it won't cost you 500 bucks to get a new one either. Goto a retail shop and ask for something low end, in the 400-500mhz range, you'd be surprized what you would find. Then just stick you nice geforce card in there and BOOM! a powerful gaming machine is born. I make it seem so simple. Of course I am a PC tech, what do u expect. :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
I don't like ppl that whine when their computers can't keep up with today's stuff when they use computers more than 5 yrs old.;( That just pisses me off...go upgrade your damn relic and quit complaining if your TNT1 P2 233 32 megs Ram can't handle new stuff. This is 2002, not 1995. ;( Maybe a few lines of code can save you $$$ now...but what happens when anything new comes out and you want to play it but can't. You might as well have spent $$$ cause now you won't be able to play them.
at least someone backed me up

and its not ur vid card man, i got the exact same one, ur 233mhz is the pickle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom