Blue screen of death.

Best answers
Alright normally when im getting the blue screen of death its for newer games like Ghost Recon, BF1942 demo, and so on, but it doesnt make any sense that im getting the near if not exact error for a DBZ mod of halflife (Halflife works perfectly for me) I think the only time i started getting blue screens was when i downloaded the Robotech mod for Halflife, anyway even when that happened i didnt get it, but this doesnt make any sense. Ive got a pentium 3 processor, 850 Mhz, Geforce 2 GTS, updated drivers, 75 GBs or harddrive, and 128 RAM. Anything wrong with maybe the halflife version 1.1.1.0 or sumthin? Im not sure but i have the latest one.

And before i was able to use the mod.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Either Delete Robotech And Reinstall It If U Want It So Much Or U Can Either Reinstall Halflife And Update it To Version 1.1.1.0 :]

Best answers
Think thats the reason?

I uninstalled the robotech thing twice, after reformatting (Redoing entire PC) once because of viruses, then a second time because of the same thing, but ill try that idea.

I got a ton of CS maps and skins, so i should just remove the entire CS folder right? or for any mods i dont wanna redownload like DOD or TOD?

Thanks for the help

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well U Should Make A Folder Of Called Uh Anything "Stuff" Or Watever And Put Everything That U Want In There That Includes Maps And Skins For CS Put The DOD And TOD Mod In There If U want Just Save All Of It

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Shalashaska
Think thats the reason?

I uninstalled the robotech thing twice, after reformatting (Redoing entire PC) once because of viruses, then a second time because of the same thing, but ill try that idea.

I got a ton of CS maps and skins, so i should just remove the entire CS folder right? or for any mods i dont wanna redownload like DOD or TOD?

Thanks for the help
If you reformatted then you may be having hardware errors. BSOD's are caused by faulty power sources and bad HDD's too. I'm not saying to rip your machine apart, but if all else fails, try re-seating your periferal cards and cables.

Best answers
I thought about doing that but i noticed something in the games with BSOD, they were all new games, and BF1942 required more RAM, since many other guys i asked in games and on forums said they have a Geforce 2 MX or GTS or sumthin and i checked the system stats for BF1942, and it requires 256 ram, i had 128, and i think my geforce 2 GTS is too outdated since the only other blue screen game is Ghost recon.

I mean i doubt 3 Reformatts and a upgrade in hardware would miss something like this, Just one more hardware question.

I got a dell, and after calling them multiple times, i asked how much for a Geforce 4 Ti4400-4600, and they told me, but they also told me i gotta upgrade my ram to 256 from 128 to handle it, is there any chance there BSing me? I need to upgrade ram anyway, but it seems a bit suspicious, and i uninstalled and reinstalled Halflife, gunna give it a try.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
128 is a bit weak for that mammoth card. You should also make sure that your power source can feed it too. 350 watt minimum.

Best answers
Dammit! Im still getting the damn screen, reinstalled Halfllife, had it updated, i got a question, i think the drivers for Nvidia Geforces are all the same numbers no matter what geforce it is, anyone who got a Geforce can they tell me what there driver versions are mine are 29.42, and 23.11

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well U Might As Well Upgrade Ur RAM To 256 Since Nothing Else Is Working And I Never Got The BSOD and I Use A Laptop With An NVIDIA Vanta LT Video Card:]

Best answers
I have a 32mb geforce 2 GTS pro and i've never had any problems with any games as yet. I'm not sure what drivers i have as i'm not on my comp now but i downloaded them not too long ago. Oh yeah and i have 256mb of ram, 1.33ghz amd thunderbird, 40gb hdd and a hercules game theatre xp soundcard.

Best answers
Originally posted by Shalashaska
Dammit! Im still getting the damn screen, reinstalled Halfllife, had it updated, i got a question, i think the drivers for Nvidia Geforces are all the same numbers no matter what geforce it is, anyone who got a Geforce can they tell me what there driver versions are mine are 29.42, and 23.11
I'm running 30.82's

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
NighHawk Do U Know Like Everything?????? Whenever A Question Is Asked U Come And Answer It.:] Also Shalashka Wat Version Of Windows DO U have?:]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya [ESF]nighthawk rocks.......... im gunna put that in me sig :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
[ESF]NightHawk Is Also The Friendliest Hell Instead Of IloveJoe People Should Put ILoveNight HAHA it'll be crazy if someone actually did that:]

Best answers
There was spam? I didnt notice, anyway i got Windows 98, 850 Mhz, some VERY old as hell sound card, 32mb Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS, 128 RAM (Need to upgrade that, i bet thats the reason) about 75 GBs of memory.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
U Need To Update The Geforce Card Shal and make it 64 mb becuz that may be the problem my friend:]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom