Whats the Deal with BID and that other HL DBZ mod?

Best answers
I remeber hearing on G4tv and before that i think on Planetquake, the owners of the DBZ licence, Funanimation or sumthin, shut down the BID mod because it was like DBZ too much, i dont think they were going to sell it, and then the other DBZ mod for halflife (Personally i dont like it, too small with only 3 bad guys, and 3 good guys) has some disclaimer against the people who own the DBZ rights and who shut down the BID mod?

But ive never heard of any problems with the ESF mod, i mean there are tons of other mods based on something, and i never see them getting into trouble (examples are the SG1 mod for Flashpoint, that planned Black Hawk down mod for Halflife, the Evangelion mod for Flashpoint in the works, and the countless BHD mods, levels and addons for Flashpoint) they never get in trouble with the owners of the rights to what there based on, so is this just some isolated event of Funanimation (Or sumthin) not wanting any mods?

Oh crap i posted this in the wrong Forum part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bid?

I think you mean BFP, and they wern't offically closed down, they we're stupid and just changed it because they had no nuts.

Also BFP email and asked them if they could do it, another stupid move, which esf didnt do. :D

Plus ESF is protected by HL. :D

So dont worry about it.

Best answers
sierra sorry to say hl cant protect esf is funi wanted to they could shut this down.

Best answers
No i dont think they can, the other DBZ halflife mod has some stuff saying a californian law and freedom of speech or sumthin prevents it, plus they would have to be big *******s to shut down a free mod that actually advertises for you at no expence.

Best answers
actually no no matter what it is copyright blah blah you know the rest. Funi probably doesnt know about this mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no funi couldnt shut it down because technicly they arnt breaking any laws see even if they are breaking any us copyright laws its totaly posible to just say were all in antartica and there for no laws :p

and besides shuting down esf would solve nothign i mean the public already has copys of esf so theres no point in makeing them stop making it cause everyone already has it

Sound Artist
Best answers
At any time, funimation can shut down the mod. No matter what law or bull**** anyone tries to hide behind. They will most likely not shut this down because we are not selling this mod. Unlike BFP which got too much publicity and was told to stop work on the mod. Honestly, it could have been someone messing around.

Best answers
Thank you for backing me up Freedom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:S funi dont have red tail and pointy horns

they r a conpany, im sure they know about esf, but just dont care, since they dont see it as a threat on there games, they dont just shut things down for the fun of it, bpf was shut down cos they tryed to sell it, esf have done no such thing, and if funi know about this, they most likely think its good since they are getting more fans of dbz, and not loseing any money from it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
face it, funimation is an unethical monopolizing company.

and they are just plain old spoiled brats to top it.

ybesides if they try to shut THIS mod down i think you might as well take them to court for unethical procedures.

tell the whole country about what they did to dbz and why all the dbz mods were shut down.

face it peaple, funimation are asholes.

and the government aint gonna do **** about it, if we want something done, were gonna have to do it ourselves.

its time for david to pick up the rock.

Best answers
speaking of coprorations, fox got rights to do a live action dbz movie. Akira Toriyama himself is excited (supposedly)
check out the dbz web site if you think i'm joking

Best answers
I would really like to see this Law that Valve has that protects poeple from copyright law cos if there was such a thing I would like to see it. Trust me go start a Mod based on a show/moive that Fox or Lucas Arts etc.... owns and let me know how long it lasts.

The only protection that you have is that they are not selling this Mod for profit, but then that can be burnt away if the mod becomes to popular and "takes away" from Funimations profits on their DBZ games because ppl can get a Good FREE game off the interent.

I really wish some of you people would learn some things about copyright Law, oh BTW who ever said the remark about living in Antartica is stupid because DBZ would be coverd by International Copyright Law, other wise I could rip off DBZ because I live Australia by your logic which dosent work if ya know my history.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if funi tries to take ya down i got ya covered
*starts loading guns*

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I don't think valve gives a damn about us. A while back someone was trying to sell esf on ebay and I e-mailed valve. Basically they told me they can't do anything about it... So in the event that funi did try to shut us down I doubt the would do anything. However, I don't think funi will try to shut us down and if they do you'll end up seeing some very elusive distribution tactics by us ;-)

so don't worry....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would probily be a good idea to create a thread with all the legal info and possiblities of stuff that could happen then close it straight away so no one can spam it this might reduce all these arguements about if funi can/cant shut down ESF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom