ssj

Best answers
this is weird when goku became ssj his mussles growed biger
insted of staying the same size when he wasnt in ssj
why dont you guys do that?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
coz they can't be assed and it doesn't matter... ... heres a question for u......wen some ppl are being stupid..... they shut up.... y don't u do that???.......

if that was harsh soz... mayb goku already gets beefy.. i dunno...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah. Nice flame.

NEVER DO IT AGAIN!

To be honest, that's alot of mesh deforms . . . the team doesn't have time.

Best answers
changing models ingame is hard enough with the limits of the half-life engine. Model deformations and rebuilds arent handeled VERY WELL AT All on half-life. Thats why ESF will never have an Oozaru transformation. Thats also the reason USSJ was thrown out, the models would change too much.

Best answers
I thought that in a future release (not beta 1) USSJ would be giving to trunks since he never reaches ssj2.

Best answers
What? USSJ didnt' get thrown out...Trunks will have it when we release the next release after the beta. We don't have Oozaru in there because we don't see a need for it. :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
We don't have Oozaru in there because we don't see a need for it. :)
Exactly, expecially with the .25 scale down. We could have a Full sized oozaru , probably being about 1/2 times regular player hight. THink of it like this.
Current players - 1/4th of regular hl hight
Ooz- 2 times regular hl hight.
that would be 8 times bigger, decent size of a Ooz...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but the maps arnt big enough to suport that kind of size... i mean try model gman when playing esf and u see basicly how big an oozaru would be i mean thats too big....

Best answers
Who in this bloody forum wants to be an APE!?
I mean FFS! I rather be the cooler looking model then just a hairy APE which can do a Ki blast or i donno :shocked: .

So i made my point :D

Best answers
Originally posted by {cheese}SNIPeR
changing models ingame is hard enough with the limits of the half-life engine. Model deformations and rebuilds arent handeled VERY WELL AT All on half-life. Thats why ESF will never have an Oozaru transformation. Thats also the reason USSJ was thrown out, the models would change too much.
I am not a coder but i would asume changeing to model to ssj would be the same as changine the model to any thing els, your just looading the model from a file. Same exact action as if you were to change into an ape.

Joe could you inform me if im wrong?

Best answers
Wait a minute here, don't the models change when they ssj? I mean, the hair goes up, so isn't that a very slight model change? If they mean to include ssj3, then thats a MAJOR model change. Why should it be any different?

Best answers
Originally posted by MR GUMP!!
exactly what i said, a model change is a model change :D
thats right!

oh the one guy above thinks that the model get deformed to the other model - lol thats not right. they only change the model.

thats the same with the battle damage models - which will be implented in any later version of esf.

it is like u play with hgrunt model on map bounce. then u open the console and type in: model helmet and voila! u have now helmet model!

that like with ssj - u reach the pl - then u press the transformation button - then wait and enjoy the transformation - click! esf tells to change to the model ssj goku and make those transformation effects. now u r ssj.

Scruffie

S
Well, it can't be that hard really, can it?

In all my years of playing ESF(both of them), I have seen nothing but expert modelling, skinning, and mapping(lets not forget coding!). These fine people at ESF could manage it, couldn't they? Damn straight.

And yes, those with a sharp eye and a cunning mind will notice this is sucking up. Nothing but. Now... make me a beta tester!:D

ultrassj_vegeta

U
k basically wen u transform the model does not transform.. its simply replaced by another one really really quickly... so it has cool fx.. then screen goes white or sumfin.. model switches... and VOILA!! SSJ!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for SSJ maybe SSJ2 all there needs to be is a skin change but for something like SSJ3 or one of cell's buu's frieza's or pretty much any other char there has to be a model change, which while not being that hard to implement lags online play

Best answers
Originally posted by L33T ha4or
for SSJ maybe SSJ2 all there needs to be is a skin change but for something like SSJ3 or one of cell's buu's frieza's or pretty much any other char there has to be a model change, which while not being that hard to implement lags online play
Why would it lag, explain me that. In games all gfx models skins ect... is all client side, all that is transmited from comp to comp is a small code that tells this client side info what to do. Adding a miniscule amount more of transfered code will not lag at all, all it is telling it to do is change the model.

If you dont understand ask one of the team members they probably could explain it better :D.

It could potentially cause computer fps loss, but that is not lag.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know WHY but all the team members have been saying it lags supreme and i think the team members know a little better than we do

Best answers
I would agree the know more than us, but i cant understand why it would lag, it could cause fps loss maybee that is what they are reffering to, but it should not lag........

But hey im just a lowly forum user so what do i know :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom