Freedom

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, being someone who's dabbled a bit in sound editing (so at the least i can appreciate how meticulous the work is) I have a few opinions.

I think both sets of sounds (in show and otherwise) have benefits.

The non show ones, their best quality is that they're much clearer (well, as clear as a japanese person can be when speaking engrish ;P ). They're very crisp and clean.

Now what the in show ones really have is the sound effects that go with it. However, the sounds are kinda messed up sounding, they break some threshholds, there's static. now I know some of that can be fixed, but sometimes you lose other things when doing click/pop elminitation, etc.

What would be really cool is if you could take the first set of sounds, the non in game ones, and use the sound effects from the others. To get everthing to sound right wouldn't be that hard. It would mostly involve adding in some echoes and such to the originals, then mixing it down with the stuff from the TV show.

The hardest thing I could forsee for doing it like this would be that
it would require some editing that I wouldn't know how to do :p But then again that's why I'm nmot the sounds guy :p Anyway, what I mean is if you add echoes, you're going to have to be able to sleectively remove the parts of the in show voices that bleed over into attack sound effects.

Anyway, thats my opinion.

-Karrde-

Best answers
umm guys look at the stickys...Freedom decided to save you the trouble.

Best answers
no offence holy but look at the times

i made this thread 20 minutes before Freedom made his :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
STOP MAKING THESE STUPID TOPICS AND POST IN THE STICKY ONE!!

Best answers
lol good point trunks...but this doesn't have a poll and it isn't a sticky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom