Custom melee combos/specials

Best answers
Would it be possible to have special melee combos unique to each character? To me, one each would be just fine, but more should be added with more releases. (Doesn't have to be in beta 1, I want that to just come out so I can play it!). It doesn't have to be from the show, the team could just assign specials to each character however they see fit.

To initiate a combo: You must get up close, and press the "combo button", and if your first hit connects, just sit back and watch the rest of the hits connect (Each hit should take up about 1/10 of ki bar, and if you press the combo button at any time during the combo it will stop the combo.) There should be a max amount of hits possible, like 5-8 hits, and if you get to the final hit, it should be a big one (Like an overhead smash or something) so it will smash them away and do lots of damage. If your turbo is on, then the combo should be faster, making it harder for the enemy to break the combo (We will be getting to that). However, use turbo at your own risk because you may not get in your final smash attack at the end of the combo because you are at great risk of running out of ki during the combo.

The recieving end: First of all, you are unable to move, and there are three ways you can break the chain of combos. Powerlevel should have an impact of difficulty on your success or failure to counter a combo:

First is for you to press block at the perfect time in between a hit. In between hits there is a VERY slight moment in between where if you press "block" at the right moment, your character will block the next hit and both characters will be "pushed away" from each other with their colliding energy, breaking the combo. A block should be the easiest way to break a combo and take the least amount of ki out of the three.

The second way to break a combo would be to simply teleport out. Whichever direction you are holding would be where you would go. This should be a little harder to time than the block and should take a little more ki, because it will confuse the attacker in not knowing where you went. While he is looking for you you could be preparing a counter-attack.

The third way to break a combo should be to counter the next hit by pressing attack (kick or punch). However, if the next move from the attacker is kick and your press punch, this won't work. The attack must match. If you press the appropriate attack at the right moment, you will block the hit with your fist/foot, and there will be a slight pause indicating that a melee "powerstruggle" has been initiated (This is where PCJoe's melee powerstruggle comes in). Now what happens is, basically the same as a normal powerstruggle, you hold down attack and watch the fireworks: Both characters will be pummeling kicks and punches at lightning speeds as each of them block them with kicks and punches (Like Cell vs SSJ2 Gohan for the first time). Ki will drain, and the victor is determine by how much ki you have and the powerlevel, just like in a normal powerstruggle. The victor of the powerstruggle will get a powerfull smash hit against the loser that will launch him very far and do massive damage. Damage should be added if he hits any walls. This should be the most difficult way to break a combo.

Now, a lot of thought has went into this and I do think it is a good idea. I think the only limitations to this idea would be it would be an EXTREME b*&@ to code, but I think it would add a great new DBZ show-like element of play into an already great mod.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
but with this then wudn ppl just go up to ppl and keep hittin the combo button??

Best answers
You need to be right up to them and it would take lots of ki. It's a fast paced game I hear, not like the alpha where you can stand still and charge all the time. So, on top of making sure you have enough ki to even do a sufficient combo, you would first have to sneak up on an enemy (Not an easy task with the scouter radar) or catch them while they are moving. It would be harder to do than you think if done right. And if spamming becomes a big problem, it could be labeled a "special" and only be used once per life. Or another alternative would be to have a heavy ki cost to just initiate the combo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think theres real stragety to press a "comBO buTton" :S .. maybe u have to press a series of directional buttons and hit the kick or punch button to do a combo.. so in that way u have to be skilled to pull of the combo move

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no combos cause it just wouldnt fit in

and can i make a sugestion

how about enough with the freaken melee sugestions!!! i mean why dont u wait till u try the melee before sugestioning something!!!! >_<

so lay off of sugestioning they should change stuff when u havent played it!!!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
from watching the (poor) but appreciated melee video hibiki, freedom, etc made i think the melee is just fine

it seems its based on slap moves with a couple jabs here and thier. like you could was fly up to someone and slap them to the grounds. i think that makes the melee more appealing to use first (true to the show) style of fighting with esf. like all their ki blast moves or mostly finishers and surprise attacks.

the game will be a lot faster pace it seems. which is what i was looking for

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres gonna be a bit more than what was show so stop witht he sugestions!!!

ultrassj_vegeta

U
more!!... woooooo hoooo!!....... but how long will that take?

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
theres gonna be a bit more than what was show so stop witht he sugestions!!!
hey shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!

pc joe said that we have to make sum ideas in melee battling. he made a really good suggestion and said that it could be used in later releases.

Best answers
Originally posted by Master-Dorn

hey shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was really uncalled for....

Both of you make valid points. On one hand, this is in the Suggestions Topic and that's what it is here for, for ppl to make suggestions. Obviously if it's a stupid/already been suggested 50x/just thought about suggestion without any real thought to it we can do something about it.

On the other hand, it's hard to base suggestions without actually playing it. Basing it on some crappy vids don't help. So unless you actually experience it yourself you can't really make some real helpful suggestions on the melee.

All in all, your suggestion was atleast thought thru and posted in the right area, sooo...:)

Best answers
yea beta will be fine everthing ive seen so far shows that this will be an awesome mod but evryone already knows that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom