Scouters and powerlevel

Best answers
Since I heard a a team member talk about how the scouter was a "representation of ki sensing", I think that the higher the user's powerlevel, the larger range of "radar" it shows. It should start out very short range and as your PL goes higher the range should increase. Also, I don't mean to be a perfectionist, because either way I don't care, but the scouter is on the wrong side.:shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, bigger sensing range depending on PL. :yes:

And the scouter being on the right (and thus wrong) side... that has already been mentioned :D .

Best answers
The problem is...it's not a represenstation of Ki sensing. It's a SCOUTER. You can compare it to ki sensing, but it's still a SCOUTER. :)

ultrassj_vegeta

U
nighthawk got a point there... an that wud just be bad... because if you were someone who was stronger, higher pl persay then you would have a distinct advantage making the game unbalanced.

Best answers
I really hope the game is unbalanced if someone is stronger...I mean...he's STRONGER. He has a higher powerlevel. The strength should be unbalanced obviously, however, when you hit/kill someone with higher PL your PL gets higher faster to balance it out.

Best answers
As to the scouter vs ki sensing thing doesn't it seem like the ki sensing could be implemented in a later release?
I see it as a sort of translucent bar across the top of the screen with spots or lines representing direction (from senser) towards other players, the dots could get larger or more opaque as you draw closer to the other players (and they could be color coded to the player, since ki sensers can identify by ki). They could also give a rough idea of PL by their size (if dots) or length (if lines).
It most closely resembles a hud with absolute heading across the top, but with the directional cues replaced with lines representing the position of players. Lines for players out of view would stack up on the edges of the screen.
This obviously doesn't include sensing the Dragonballs, you'd need a scouter for that. The scouters could be used as well as ki-sensing (they could become a sort of equipable item) to get an accurate measure of PL.
Any thoughts? Does this seem too complicated? (It seems like something that should be client-side). I've always thought that the ki-sensing thing would add a lot, but the scouters don't seem to work the way I'd pictured it. I like them, but I think the Z folks (and Vegeta/Cell/Buu) would have something more like what I described. This spoils the balance for poor Frieza though.. I don't recall him having a ki-sense (this might be being too faithful to the show).
Can't wait to see the replies.

Best answers
I think the ki sensing should work like this:

The color of the "dots" would represent how powerfull a person you are sensing, not necessarily who your are sensing. In the show they never knew who they were sensing, they just sense the person's ki. I think the colors should be the same as the auras. Like a white dot is weak ki signiture, blue is medium, red is powerful, yellow is most powerful. A flashing dot would mean who you are sensing is transforming. Of course there should be different shades in between colors so you can recognized the power more accurately. If this is ever implemented, I think it should replace the overhead radar for the scouter, but only for detecting other people (It should still be used for finding dragonballs, just you wouldn't see the other players).

Oh, and i see the "ki sensing" as two radars, one representing what is in front of you and one representing what is behind you. If anyone here has ever played any of the X-Wing or Tie-Fighter games then you know what I'm talking about. There is a radar on the top right of the screen representing everything in front of you, and one on the top left representing what is behind you.

And also, people should be able to "suppress" their power level to hide themselves from being sensed. In other words, if you want to sneak up on someone, you "hide' your powerlevel, making you weak, which is the drawback, but the advantage is you dont show up on anyone's ki sensing radar. You should, obviously, be able to power back up to full strength, but of course they will sence you.

Scruffie

S
Which still doesn't address the fact the scouter's on the wrong side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Scruffie
Which still doesn't address the fact the scouter's on the wrong side.
I would really liek to slap you :\
It has been mentioned and addressed! Also by opinion im glad its on the right because if it was on the left the hud and scouter would be on the left causing a blind spot so bleh :S :p

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about everyone stop sugestion how to make the scouter thing better untill u play it... i mean how do u know how it works??

u dont so dont tell the team what they should change untill u see it and know how it works

and its not really a scouter cause theres no scouter on the model :F

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you tell 'em Hib! :p

What do you mean with zooming, ZeroVision? Do you mean increasing or decreasing the range of the scouter? I don't think that's gonna be in, I think I already mentioned it to the team.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
Originally posted by Enforcer15
I think the ki sensing should work like this:

The color of the "dots" would represent how powerfull a person you are sensing, not necessarily who your are sensing. In the show they never knew who they were sensing, they just sense the person's ki
um... yes they can identify who is coming.....watch the show.. u will see the light and the error of your ways

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]Vegetto
Yeah you tell 'em Hib! :p

What do you mean with zooming, ZeroVision? Do you mean increasing or decreasing the range of the scouter? I don't think that's gonna be in, I think I already mentioned it to the team.

i mean both increasing and decreasing.:D

Scruffie

S
Can the scouter detect incoming attacks as well? And how could you tell if it was just two people above you PS instead of someone attacking? And I mean if I'm in a PS and can't see... obviously if I wasn't I'd just look.

Best answers
The Scouter only detects players and DB's. If you're in a ps, don't worry about it cause they can't hurt you. :)

Scruffie

S
Well, wouldn't I want to know just in case? I mean... it would be nice to be able to defend yourself...

Best answers
Why would you want to cluster f*ck the radar screen?? Then you won't be able to tell anything :p I suggest just keeping your senses keen...you won't be able to detect 100% of everything that is goin on in the server anyways and you might get pegged from behind every so often...but hey, that's life :)

Scruffie

S
That is what the game's about i suppose... no fun in blocking every attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom