Flying:A Key Element in DBZ That Needs Tweaking

Do you like my ideas? (read post first)

• I liked em all! Chuck em in there ESF Team!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like some of your ideas, but not all.

• Good ideas, but I really don't care.

• Nope, it would really spoil the whole game.

• To be honest, I didn't read the post, so I'll Spam!

• Total voters

Scruffie

S
Flying seems to be a major problem for me in ESF. I'm not one to complain, but these things really need to be said.

1) The Animations: Now to me, they seem all wrong. First of all, it's not really what I'd consider a flying animation. You just lean forward. I realize we've got all new animations, but I just want to be sure.

I was watching the episode where SSJ Gotenks first appears, and he flies around all crazy mad like. He isn't leaning foward to move, he flies Super-Man style. Hands stretched, fists clenched, legs pointing back behind him, the works really.

This animation should only be implemented when you fly really fast. I understand leaning forward for short distances, and looking cool( Improve the leaning animation to do so, cus it's weak like that), but only then should it be used.

And this brings me to my next point.

2) Speed: I, like a lot of people, crave speed. The best part of flying(in a plane) for me is the taking off, and the landing, for that is really when you feel the speed. I ride bikes to feel the speed. And in convertables the roof is always down. My point? Speed is a key factor in travel.

I think flying in ESF should have two modes. Fast and slow. Simple. Fast lets you escape some evil, high powerlevel person, or quickly dodge attacks without wasting Ki on teleporting. Slow, makes you able to hover and get into position for a long range attack like Big Bang or Spirit bomb.

Fast is always on, so theres no stopping, but you can control your speed(a little) and your direction, but you don't stop. To do a full turn you have to make a complete U, but that just adds to the effect, and ultimately, at the speeds I'm thinking of, it wouldn't take a few seconds.

You can only shoot short bursts of Ki.

Fast Controls= Forwards.....=Increases Speed
........................Backwards...=Decreases Speed
........................Strafe Left...= Sharp Left dodge
........................Strafe Right.= Sharp Right Dodge
........................Left..............= Left U
........................Right............=Right U
........................Jump............=Fast Hieght Increase
........................Crouch.........=Fast Hieght Decrease

Slow stays the same as usual.

Turbo in fast only increase the top speed you can travel at, and increase the strength of Ki blasts.

In slow it does the same.

Speed is controled by the forwards and backwards keys. The lowest speed is still fast, but the top speed is super sonic.

Phew, nearly done...

3) A new Mode: You've been pestered about new modes before, and I know how annoying it must be, but I need to post it.

Races.

You could have Flying Races.

I know it sounds wierd, but it's a good idea. A maximam of 10 people race each other to the finish line, round twisting canyons, mind boggling forests, and asteroids of all shapes and sizes, whatever you want. It would be a nice change from all the fighting.

But you do get a short bar of Ki energy that you can use for little balls of energy, or charge a large one at a bit of a cost speed wise. You slow down to recharge this bar if it gets too low, and when it runs out, you almost stop. A fair price to pay for trying to blast your way to the finish line.

You can use a kind of melee attack for above you, below you, beside you, behind you or in front of you that throws them back a bit, again with a cost to you Ki.

You can boost, again with that Ki cost, and can go turbo, to spread out your boost, witha degenerating Ki cost.

Well, those be my ideas. Like it or lump it. Answer the above poll please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeah lets just scratch everything that has been done so far and start again!!!

umm do u have ANY idea how long recodeing all that **** is gonna take if the team were to do it

bad idea never gonna happen

Best answers
yea i nko sounds like crap to me the only thing i could thing up that was good in there was the flying head first but ur control stuff would be crap esf is fine on its own well now that i think about it i like how they lean in the new version.

Best answers
Man, head first, would be cool, im not shaw if its in or not im guessing not but they have me lool at Buu flying in a pc in the dev jou there flying

Best answers
I just think they should make a "fast mode" where you press another key while your flying and you can fly really fast, not turn too sharp, and takes more ki. You would fly head first and there would be a really big ki trail behind you, and you could fire no attacks. It would just be for getting around, escaping, and looking cool. I think this was posted by someone else in another thread so I'm not taking credit for it.

Best answers
let me see.....oh yeah, TURBO! so sad....so sad....:\

y would u NOT want to be able to attack?

oh yeah Scruffie.......races? wut would be the point of that? go play some Gran Turismo 3 d00d.....:\

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give the guy a god damn break, he was just trying to make a decent suggestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of a race mode, that would be cool, only, not to have the ability to shoot each other, I think that would be better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah it would get very boreing very fast...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't think hibiki has agreed with a suggestion in his life.........

on another note, race mode would be cool but i don't think half life is the engine for it. well once half life rally comes out we'll see how things measure up.

flying like superman would look retarded unless the maps were really huge. i mean like endless.

Best answers
nah lag would be extrodinary and time of beta would increase

plus ppl were able to attack while flying i think

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not while flying at max speed. He's not just talking about flying a bit faster he's talking bout when they fly as fast as they can most chars in the series do this with their arm's back and at an angle like a plane but gotenks did it superman style, it might be good if theres a real intense battle and ya gotta get outa the general area fast or if ya chasing someone down maybe. Also give him a break guys instead of simply shooting him down actually think bout what he's said and if its no good see if you can change his idea a bit into something better, if ya cant then just say nah dont think it would work or something like that.

Best answers
i know what he was sayin i was like him long ago

its just honus critizin talk to a DEV in the IRC if you dont want to be shot down

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Or report any undue flaming to me, ill deal with it, its my job

Those that disagree with comment in this thread and have no VALID comments to make, STAY OFF THE THREAD!

Im sick of closing threads down because SOME [and only some] ppl tend to make it there life's work to disrespect others

That said, Scruffie, im glad to see that youre putting so much thought into the betterment of the game, however, so many things have changed in the beta, its quite hard to criticise any of the elements until you get a chance to see it firsthan, however, keep posting, in my book, any idea is a good one, it shows youre at least using your brain.

Cheers ;)

Scruffie

S
Well, I knew that it would hold the release date way back, but I should have said I meant in a future release. A very far in the furture release, y'know, if they get bored...

Although I would like to fly faster than 'Turbo', because that just seemed slow. Really slow...

And I don't take Hibiki's critic any notice, because he never likes any suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats because i have played the beta and know the new mechanics of the game unlike u people and its fairly easy to spot a suggestion that would take away from the game

and if u think flying is slow then u is very wrong :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yeah the ideas are ok, but fly extremely fast I can't see a real good application for it UNLESS the maps are really huge in the beta. And I mean really huge. Race mode would be good, people don't seem to realize that you are suggesting a new "mode". The idea is for it to be a race, not a fight but I don't think HL would handle it like someone said.

Scruffie

S
There already are a few racing Hl Mods. There was one involving those... umm... what are they called? Those little things that run around for a while before blowing up?

Well, anyhow, I think it can handle it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha u dont want people to go super fast just ask any of the testers who have tryed the beta version of the bots :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom