Attacks

Scruffie

S
Since everyone is saying that there isn't enough choice in attacks for some characters, you should have a poll(for each char), where everyone chooses from a list of attacks from the show, or specify another that isn't there.
Then after a couple of weeks (this is all after the Beta realease) you pick the top five for each character and put them in. That way everyone is happy.
Then in another release put in the next five and so on, so you don't have to code them all at once.

Whadya think?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by dark-prince
What the hell?
Nice spam, fail to use it in the future. Who says I pressure people ;/

Ok so I do. Next time it's a warning.

Best answers
With some characters, finding 5 moves would be a struggle.

I personally think putting in too many moves is pointless, especially when you need to consider how melee based most of the fights in DBZ are. Beams and ball attacks are nice, but to be fair I think the team are on the right track with the moves they've already owned up to including.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is no need for this, the whole moves issue has been extensivly discussed and there is no need to go any further with this

Best answers
Personally I think the mod has to try to become more melee based than ki attack based, since in the show it is probably 80 percent melee 20 percent ki attacks. It would be hard to pull off, but it seems they are on the right track with this new melee system. I can only wonder what they would add in later releases regarding melee. I really think they should consider rapid melee attacks, not just power hits that knock people back, and some kind of meteo attack for each character. And no matter how this mod comes out in the end, it is going to seriously kick ass.

Best answers
Right now, more or less, it's about 50/50 ATM :) But like Enforcer said, that's what we was shootin fer. More melee, less beams.

eot156

E
if attacks are to change every release no one would be able to master a skill, and become very good, because every release there would be newer attacks.

Best answers
Originally posted by L33T ha4or
there is no need for this, the whole moves issue has been extensivly discussed and there is no need to go any further with this
um enless your going to close the thread just let them talk among themselves it stops them from getting bored waiting for the beta

anyway yah melea whould be cool if more ppl used it but they like the big flashy beams so hmm dont really mind just use a combination of both use beams until someones punches and kicks and you swoop down and fight hand to hand hoping no BB comes from the heavens to blast you away;)

also if it could be coded a duel mode like in JK2 would be effecient for 1 on 1 combate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol too true and i think that they put in somthing that makes it so you only take somthing like 5-10% damage from hits when you are psing if thats what your talking about

and geez why don't you be happy with the attacks that they are adding in and just leave it like that i'd be happy enogh when the beta comes out even if there were no new attacks!

Best answers
So would I, but they kind of need new attacks if they add new characters!

Best answers
Do you guys know the gameboy game dragonball z legendary super warriors? In this cardgame every character has ki and melee attacks, for example, gohan has a melee attack named "duck punsh". Every character fighting in dragonball z (you can use nearly every character after finishing the game) has his own melee attacks with a special name. maybe they could be included in esf.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
they make up like the names for those moves simply because its a card game

Best answers
Originally posted by Raszagal
Do you guys know the gameboy game dragonball z legendary super warriors? In this cardgame every character has ki and melee attacks, for example, gohan has a melee attack named "duck punsh". Every character fighting in dragonball z (you can use nearly every character after finishing the game) has his own melee attacks with a special name. maybe they could be included in esf.
Reasons why this will probly never happen:

1) Too much unnecessary coding.
2) The card game moves are made up and nothing to do with the show.
3) Melee can work just fine if everyone has the same or similar punches and kicks.
4) It's a stupid idea.

I don't mean any offence by that, but "duck punsh"? That has to be the funniest name for a move ever. I can just see it now:

Cell: Ha ha haaaaa! I will destroy you and your friends!
Gohan: Oh no you don't! DUUUUCCCKKKKK PUUUUUNNNSSSSSHH!
Cell: ARGH! Such power! *explodes*

It's a nice thought but incredibly silly.

Best answers
Dont think this is a good idea cuz ppl would just choose for the most powerfull attack and ask 4 more attacks and...and...etc.

So nope dont like the idea myself.

Best answers
what was that about jedi knight melee system? How does that work and can it be implemented into esf if some thought was put into it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom