splashes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was watching the melee vid.. and one thing they were missing was water splashes... if possible if u land in water... it splashes?? i think it would add soo much to the game :p

Best answers
Good idea. I saw a pic once that PC Joe did where someone powers up above water and there is a ripple effect, they should do something like that at least when someone hits the water.

Best answers
That would be pretty cool to have the water effects but wonder if they will do it?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
they hav fx for wen u powerup over water... and stuff like that... but splashes would be wick

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i think i asked this before but nobody listened to me:cry:
yeah but him just dissapearing into the water does not look all that proffesional so thats just my look on the whole thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well remember this is hl it cant exactly do fancy changeing terrain and very good moveing water

but there are some cool effects when powering up over water or transforming

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Truth be told, HL is horrible at handling water. It causes all kinds of headaches for all three or so methods of creating water.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah even the water in lots of day of defeats maps suck but in dog 1 they made a cool sprite for a splash and that would look pretty cool in esf and that proves that it can be done :p

its in dog_1 or somthing like that its one of the maps that lags like hell if youve never seen it but it also has some of the best efects with mortar fire hitting the beack and kicking up dirt splashes and bullets kicking up dirt on the ground

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could code that... It would be a cool effect, but i have to do like 300 other things. I want to code acouple other cool effects, but i need to get done what i have assigned.

Best answers
Oh and, the bigger the splash, the better. :D In DBZ there are huge splashes, but they don't have to be THAT big, just try not to make it a little wussy splash....Better yet, have the splash be as large depending on how fast the player travels through the water. Cause if it was big it would suck trying to sneak around in the water slowly and as soon as you slowly enter the water a huge splash comes out of the water. Would be also cool if you flew right above the water there would be water trail spraying behind you, and over land a dust trail. But as Joe said, those are just luxury, finish what is needed first then do the extras!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya it sounds like a good idea.

Maybe get even more technical and have it were when you shoot a powerful attack into the water it causes a big tidal wave clearing the water out of that spot and leaving a crater.

Best answers
tidal wave?, crater? we are still talking about the HL Engine right?:S Because it sounds more like the redfraction engine to me..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok getting a little overboard with the tidal wave stuff all we want is a cool looking splash i don't care when but i think it should be added i eventually

Best answers
I think splashes would be wicked, and like joe said it would be posible though it would be quite a headache. Somthing that i think would be even cooler would be a huge dust cloud that game up when some one was slammed into the ground or when u fired a beam at the ground. hehe just my 10 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom