There is no game balance in DBZ

Best answers
I was thinking on how one could be accurate in portraying DBZ in a multiplayer first person shooter and yet have balance between each character. I realized: you can't. In every real fight, power was the only reason that the person won (you guys can point out fights for me, but i'm pretty sure of this). Luck was when someone transformed or what not, skill contributes to power.
This is for everyone that complains about how someone weaker now can beat someone stronger. Yes, Krillin can now kill Buu. The only way Krillin can be a push over and still atract people to play him is to give him strategic advantages, like he starts out with 5 sensu beans and immedately uses them when low to keep him alive.
So far, ESF has done the best in my opinion to get close to dbz. Vegeta big bang attacks are powerful and why would some guy not want to constantly use them?? So, if you have any problems with my rant, please, tell me why.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a difference between a stronger person (high PL) and an attack that is unbalanced. When they usually talk about unbalanced aspects of esf, it's usually the attacks.

Of course, someone with a much higher power level should be able to kill someone with a lower power level.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
saiyanslayer, are u suggesting that they dont balance the characters?!?!

Best answers
Sort of, in alpha. it's just that by balancing them the characters are being "violated'. It's a lose/lose situation. Just stating the ovious

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not about the "balance of characters". its about who is better or plays "smarter" with the game

the only problem ive found is once someone gets strong the blast radius is most of the map. the scale down is something they really needed. krillen is the weakest and buu is the strongest isn't that enough?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
if u don't balance the characters then it wud be unfair wouldn't it... i can't believe your suggesting this because unbalancing would make like some characters to be spammed

Best answers
well at first i played a lot with vegeta (what all the n00bs now do because he is much stronger thjan the rest of the caharcters)

but now i learned to play with for example goku and i can rock an server with him.

after goku and vegeta i started with piccolo, at the beginning it was pretty difficult. but after a few hours i can rock an server with him too.

so with and weak person you can still win, even with an lower powerlevel.

cuz when i play for example vegeta and have an pl of 3million, and someones you join the game and started with low PL it is pretty difficult to kill him!

ultrassj_vegeta

U
ok.... that would be stupid because of people spamming, ok you say your good, but for those who arn't it wouldn't be a fair game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ppl in the alpha where not balenced, thats why its an alpha the team did not want to piss about with it, the beta will be fine thou

From the words of Cheeseman himself

Best answers
exactly. I think you guys misunderstood me. I mean to say that for there to be game balance, the game has to diviate from dbz. I find that the characters as of now are unbalanced, mostly by techniques, not pl. Still, I know beta will be balanced, but i was ranting on how you couldn't make a 100% accurate dbz game in halflife without making weak characters useless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they do want this to be like dbz as much as possable but makeing weak ppl weak etc would be SOOOOO UNFAIR, i mean on dbz goku and vegeta can kick in everyone else, esf are not about to do that

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bottom line is that it can't be perfectly accurate to the show. If it was, why not just call it the Vegeta-Goku mod? Realism as it were will have to sometimes take a back seat to gameplay. Just because Big Bang is stronger than say a Kamehameha or something in the show, doens't mean it has to be the same way in a game. Realism is only truly critical in terms of looks. When it comes to damage and charge time, balance is far more important because nobody wants to play a game where everybody is the same class all the time because all the other classes are weaker.

-Karrde-

Best answers
If the game would be totally to the show, the only character that would be played would be Goku, cuz he's way stronger then everyone else!!!! Way stronger then Vegeta who can't even turn ssj3 and what stronger then super strong mystic gohan !!!!! So it should be balanced...all ppl same pl and about evenly strong attacks!!! But i don't think this would be fun or in game!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Gohan-san
well at first i played a lot with vegeta (what all the n00bs now do because he is much stronger thjan the rest of the caharcters)

Well that's bla, when I still played alpha 2 and took vegeta everyone would start whining blabla no vegete blabla lame noob, maybe I took him because he was the best but isn't that logical ?
Also I liked his attacks the most, I liked spirit bomb too, but it takes long to shoot it at full power and if you survive doing it, you have a big chance in missing it.

Best answers
DUDE!!!!!! ITS A GAME NOT THE DAMN DBZ SAGA NO NEED TO COMPARE IT THAT MUCH!:\

Best answers
if you're basing a mod on it, you HAVE to campare. The only way to really balance out the game somewhat is to pick a crucial point in the series that everyone was close (saiyan saga or android saga is the best ones i can think of).

Best answers
We arent going to like pick goku during the saiyan saga and have his powerlevel during that time, where not gona pick piccolo during the buu saga and get that pl, We basicly all start at a low PL and build it up that is why your comparison is useless.doesnt matter how stronge they where in the show cause that doesnt truly apply to ESF And In the show some attacks are stronger than others, in ESF it will be as close as it can get withought making the game uneven.;/

ultrassj_vegeta

U
Originally posted by saiyanslayer
if you're basing a mod on it, you HAVE to campare. The only way to really balance out the game somewhat is to pick a crucial point in the series that everyone was close (saiyan saga or android saga is the best ones i can think of).
basing a mod?!.. yes thats wat they are doing!!! BASING!! NOT MAKING A MOD COMPLETELY ACCURATE TO THE SHOW!!!.. BASED not that the same......gameplay is needed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Duece
We arent going to like pick goku during the saiyan saga and have his powerlevel during that time, where not gona pick piccolo during the buu saga and get that pl, We basicly all start at a low PL and build it up that is why your comparison is useless.doesnt matter how stronge they where in the show cause that doesnt truly apply to ESF And In the show some attacks are stronger than others, in ESF it will be as close as it can get withought making the game uneven.;/

why do u keep saying we?

and actualy the pls arnt even... but thats just the starting pls ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by ultrassj_vegeta

basing a mod?!.. yes thats wat they are doing!!! BASING!! NOT MAKING A MOD COMPLETELY ACCURATE TO THE SHOW!!!.. BASED not that the same......gameplay is needed
That's one of my points!!!!! It can't be 100% true to dbz. No need to yell i'm right here....

In the end esf has gone outside the timeline and backed away from what is in the show in a sense just to have game balance. I'm perfectly ok with that. It can't be done otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom