Teleport Issues

Best answers
Well i just had a little idea dealing with the "teleporting" in esf. I was thinking that when u join a game and have base pwr lvl that you move from point A(being the point where first initiate the "teleport" key) to point B slower than if u had like 3 mil pwr lvl. So the higher you pl that faster you go from point A to point B.

I was also thinking that as your pwr lvl increased you could slightly move faster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First thing is First. RUN FORREST RUN! SOrry couldnt help it.
Second, movement will be CONSIDERABLY FASTER By default. I dont know any other changes fully. I do know that teleporting will be improved as well. Just keep an eye out.

Best answers
I understand that everything will be faster, just thought it would be cool to get faster when your pl went up to give you and extra edge other than just more powerful beams and more melee dmg.

Just to add more to the whole pl thing. In the series when they get more powerful they become faster as well as stronger :D.

Best answers
I think that is a good idea. It should work like this:

When you teleport it takes approximately 1 second to completely "reapear" to where your destination is (Assuming you just joined a server). Your image will fade and it will finally disapear and you will reapear at the destination after one second. During that second your "image" is vulnerable to attack, so you have to time your teleports to dodge attacks. As your powerlevel gets higher the time to reapear gets shorter until it is close to none.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a teleport there for instant... never took a few seconds in the show...

if it took time it would make it pointless cause it would be fast movement...

Best answers
I did think about that hibiki, but actually in the show that little teleport things was just a burst of speed, the actual only teleport was gokus instant transmition. That is why i put "teleport" in quotes in my previous post :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MR GUMP!!
I did think about that hibiki, but actually in the show that little teleport things was just a burst of speed, the actual only teleport was gokus instant transmition. That is why i put "teleport" in quotes in my previous post :D
Well, actually... instant transmission wasn't teleportation either. When Goku is explaining to Trunks why he could have stopped Frieza himself, too, he says something like: "it's amazing how far you can go when travelling at 1000 times the speed of light"... well, something like that. So that wasn't teleportation either :D

Best answers
It must be teleportation because in the buu saga goku teleported back to earth, when he was searching for someone to fuse with after he got the potaras. And supreme kais world is in the afterlife.

Best answers
Just think for a second how fast 1000 times the speed of light is, it takes around 10 minutes for the suns beams to reach us & thats just 1 times, now multiply that by 1000. The afterlife is a click away for that speed.

Damn fast.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Just so you know..

Instantaneous Movement(intant transmission for you dubbies) is just that...moving instantaneously....
He travels from one place to another in an instant.

Now..that blurry thing they do..
Thats the Zanzoken blur.
When they move fast, they blur to leave something of an after-image.
Kinda distracts the opponent.
The teleportation thing used in-game is Zanzoken.

Best answers
you can't travel from the after-life to the normal world by a normal way. you have to teleport as kibito it does. and so gokus instantinous movement is teleportation.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
have you ever noticed that little light that shows up whenver they go from the afterlife to the normal world?

its ebcause light cna go hrough the barrier.

what happens is goku transforms into a beam of light, goes 1000 times FASTER than the normal speed of light, and then goes through teh barrier,

Best answers
LOL shadow this is not a damn physics book its a show, a cartoon, dont take it so seriously.

Best answers
The Zanzoken (sp..) could improve with PL though by taking you further with a single use, or using less ki. Admittedly, as your ki pool increases you won't notice its usage as much either, so the idea is almost implemented already. I'd have to say though, that I'd prefer the distance not improving in favor of the amount of ki usage. It doesn't take much just to do a bunch back-to-back manually and it allows a finer control on where you end up.

I can see this becoming an incredibly useful ability with the suddenly larger-seeming maps. Perhaps transformations should be the deciding factor in how much ki a Zanzoken costs...

As to the instant transmission, Goku says he travels as a beam of light, not at 1000 times its speed. When he describes it to Trunks the english dubbing (best I can do..) of his words were approximately: "It's amazing how much ground you can cover moving at 126 thousand miles a second." that's more in the neighborhood of the speed of light but still off by about 54,000 mps. Additionally, the first Brolly movie (only loosely connected to the series, but what the hey) shows a quick glimpse of Goku while travelling via "instant transmission". He's clearly moving, not disappearing and reappearing instantly somewhere else. But that's still pretty hard to square with most of the other stuff you see him doing with it in the series.
Luckily; WHO CARES! Hahaha! I'd rather contribute ideas to the game than argue about a show that doesn't stress that much about internal consistency anyway.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Zanzoken is a simple technique, it is dematerializing from one place to another, close by. This leaves a "blurring" effect which is used to trick an enemy. That is what's represented in ESF. The more pl you have the more ki you have, thus the more you can use this technique. Instananeous Movement is teleported also, but using someone's ki presence as a becon to teleport to that spot, or somewhere nearby.

Best answers
I just want the teleport cost to be lowered cause if it take about the same of a kamehameha to tele once i wouldnt want to do it unless i had a couple of handy senzu beans with me

ohh we should make a button to bind to for auto senzu bean

ultrassj_vegeta

U
good idea auto sensu been.....

teleport doesn't take that much ki does it?..... but if they lower it too far then ppl will like spam it and it'll be hard to hit ppl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm thats not such a bad idea

2 buttions for useing and tossing a bean....

/me likes

Sound Artist
Best answers
I think when you start off you can only do it like... 4-5 times.. i think... but when you get up there i've been able to do it around 9-10 times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats cause u get more ki when u transform

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom