water aura,

Best answers
yo guys, i was just asking, ar eyou guys think about a water aura, seeing as some levels will have water?

What i mean by a water aura, in case you don't get me, is when you just abuot the water, or in it a little, When you power up the water moves around you like an aura would.

Just seen it happen lots in the sersis and was wondering.

oh, and when you speed arcoss the top of the water, will it move?

ultrassj_vegeta

U
there already is an effect wen u charge up and fly over water and stuff.... pcjoes particle system thingy....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the water cant move because this is just half life... cant do deformable terrain

Best answers
k thanks hibiki,
i knwo about PCjoe's partical thing, but i didn't think it worked ou water ultra vegeta, dose it?

Best answers
Ripples/dust from flying over the surface of the earth could be generated as sprites/particles, and from the powerup videos PCJoe has provided (THANKS JOE!) they actually look really good.
It is possible to generate sprites (and particles?) from contact with the ground while flying. DMZ does this already. This only means it is possible; since the code powering the two mods (DMZ and ESF) probably bear little resemblance to each other, it may require a ton of work to implement (time that could be spent more productively in debugging the beta).
Additionally, if you have 15 people playing ESF together (rather fun..), and all of them are skimming over the water/ground, you might be happy the mod doesn't automatically generate something that would hit you right in the fps.
If it didn't drop your framerates, though, and if this were something for the post-beta future, I admit that it'd be mighty cool.

Wishful Thinking (Phishful thinking?) *sigh*
Thanks for reading.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
they're are just sprites that give that kind of effect... but really the water doesn't move... theres a screenie of vegeta powering up ova water

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
yeah, half-life doesnt have a very good water code.

still better then tribes2's in most ways.

in t2 you can get some weak wave effects but thats it.

and you cant make cubes of water like you can in half-life.

red factions is prolly the worst. the water is there, and thats it.

though they do have the best terrain code.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [UCB]Hi_There!
Ripples/dust from flying over the surface of the earth could be generated as sprites/particles, and from the powerup videos PCJoe has provided (THANKS JOE!) they actually look really good.
It is possible to generate sprites (and particles?) from contact with the ground while flying. DMZ does this already. This only means it is possible; since the code powering the two mods (DMZ and ESF) probably bear little resemblance to each other, it may require a ton of work to implement (time that could be spent more productively in debugging the beta).
Additionally, if you have 15 people playing ESF together (rather fun..), and all of them are skimming over the water/ground, you might be happy the mod doesn't automatically generate something that would hit you right in the fps.
If it didn't drop your framerates, though, and if this were something for the post-beta future, I admit that it'd be mighty cool.

Wishful Thinking (Phishful thinking?) *sigh*
Thanks for reading.
To code the dust trails over the land would be easy, childs play compaired to the other FX in ESF....

Best answers
Does that mean you might add it in the future, Joe?
*Joy*
How do you think it'd affect framerates, and would it be worth it if the game is mostly hundreds of feet above and away from anyone happening to generate the effect?

I imagine Piccolo's first fight with imperfect cell (after fusing with Kami), when Piccolo is racing along the ground towards where cell was going to land, a visible "V" of dust in his wake.

I'd fight near the ground just to see that.

Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah some of thoes effects would be cool to have in

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
while were at it lets just say "**** it all" and move to red faction. (actually that might not be a bad idea if teh physics are modified a bit)

destroyable landspace, full surreal movement support, vehicle code, weapons code, destroyable landscape, huge maps.

Best answers
Originally posted by -=shadow=-tpf-
while were at it lets just say "**** it all" and move to red faction. (actually that might not be a bad idea if teh physics are modified a bit)

destroyable landspace, full surreal movement support, vehicle code, weapons code, destroyable landscape, huge maps.
How about we say we did but actually don't :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom