Idea to make melee get used more

Best answers
I'm thinking of an idea here, maybe it's been suggested before but I've never seen it.

Perhaps in a later release you might have a "melee mode" game, where you have a "move bar". When you join you start out with your melee only. This means everyone has to fight it out for a while. The more you hit and get hit by people, your "move bar" increases. (You would get more "move bar" for hitting people than you would get for getting hit) This is like the overdrive bar in Toshinden 2 on PSX just to give you an idea.

When you reach certain levels on your move bar, extra moves open up on your player and you can then use these moves. Example: Level 1 - standard ki blasts, level 2 - ki beam, level 3 onward - special moves each character has of their own.

The best moves are the highest ones to reach and if you use your "moves" then the move bar decreases bit by bit. So if you store up your moves for ages, you can go all out for a little while blowing people away with your ki blasts and beams but then you go back to having to use melee after it. (This means people can join at any point and still get a chance)

The strengths of melee and ki atacks would probably have to be doctored a little for the mode so that you don't just kill people easily with ki and it takes you forever to kill someone with melee. I'm sure the team could work that stuff out.

And an after thought - the move bar only decreases if you actually damage someone. Cos it would suck to work your way up to the biggest best move you got and then MISS and it's gone!

Best answers
from the beta stuff i've seen it looks as if melee is used 65 or 70% of the whole time

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
I'm thinking of an idea here, maybe it's been suggested before but I've never seen it.

Perhaps in a later release you might have a "melee mode" game, where you have a "move bar". When you join you start out with your melee only. This means everyone has to fight it out for a while. The more you hit and get hit by people, your "move bar" increases. (You would get more "move bar" for hitting people than you would get for getting hit) This is like the overdrive bar in Toshinden 2 on PSX just to give you an idea.

When you reach certain levels on your move bar, extra moves open up on your player and you can then use these moves. Example: Level 1 - standard ki blasts, level 2 - ki beam, level 3 onward - special moves each character has of their own.

The best moves are the highest ones to reach and if you use your "moves" then the move bar decreases bit by bit. So if you store up your moves for ages, you can go all out for a little while blowing people away with your ki blasts and beams but then you go back to having to use melee after it. (This means people can join at any point and still get a chance)

The strengths of melee and ki atacks would probably have to be doctored a little for the mode so that you don't just kill people easily with ki and it takes you forever to kill someone with melee. I'm sure the team could work that stuff out.

And an after thought - the move bar only decreases if you actually damage someone. Cos it would suck to work your way up to the biggest best move you got and then MISS and it's gone!

Umm.... can you say DBZ:Legends. Anyway I dont think this fits into ESF very well. And they already made Melee much more useful. I remeber a member of the team saying that they are trying to "make melee more useful than beams" or something along those lines.

Best answers
Wait and see what the beta melee system is like before coming up with ideas for it.

Best answers
well i can't see people using melee more than beams, but maybe the melee is that supreme that we will be!

hmmmmmm how much longer we must wait is all i ask... I'm hoping for some presents by christmas. what does anyone else think? it's almost nearly a year. not that i'm complaining... i'm just hoping the wait is worth it (and from the LOOK of it, it seems like it is. but i still don't know what it's like to PLAY)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok just answer us this, is melee faster?

because you should be able to punch as fast as the mp5 fires and kick as fast as the secondary glock.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and all of u people should be able to wait with out constantly making sugestions for a system u havent played yet :p

i mean come on people why dont u wait untill u try the new melee before saying what needs to be changed

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
and all of u people should be able to wait with out constantly making sugestions for a system u havent played yet :p

i mean come on people why dont u wait untill u try the new melee before saying what needs to be changed
Amen to that man. Ive been trying to get people to stop posting suggestions to the mod that will improve the mod when they dont know if that aspect of gameplay/graphics has been improved on already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nothing is the same so dont even atempt to think of ways to improve stuff from the alpha cause its all different

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom