Lord Zero

Best answers
Hey i got a qeustion...??

How is it with Lord Zero? that is the new character right from the esf team mayB a little update?

Best answers
Just wondering, wouldn't it be a little better if custom characters were left out? I mean, it would kind of take away the atmosphere and the "dbz feel" of it all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, u dont have to worry about the custom characters bein in Beta 1 anyways!!

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep. this version wont have custom characters. but in later versions we just may have some.. most likely we will

Best answers
Custom characters, wont be any in this version. Next, not sure I doubt beta 2 will contain them either. Maybe what comes after beta 2 it may come true. Anyways, custom characters, they wont go good for the hard core dbz nut who wants everything in the mod to be 100% like the show. Then again a custom character is easy to make. Im not say its easier than anything else, just you dont have a show to limit on what you can do. You can make it look like anything or do anythign you want.

Best answers
for the Die-hard DBZ'er you could think see him as an enemy like cell, or majin buu, frieza.

another one who wants to destroy the earth!

Best answers
Lord zero sounds like a real pathetic name though :p

Scruffie

S
I think the custom chars will just make it worse... I'm already beginning to doubt some of the work in ESF. Do something that makes me want ESF again!

Best answers
maybe you could make the custom characters a add on or extra download. I would have to switch over to that sayian rebirth mod or something if yous put custom characters in.

Best answers
No one is forcing anyone to d/l, install, or play ESF :rolleyes: I mean, there are plenty of other DBZ Mods to choose from.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
No one is forcing anyone to d/l, install, or play ESF :rolleyes: I mean, there are plenty of other DBZ Mods to choose from.
noo... theres 2, one if u dont have Q3

:talk:

Best answers
I wouldn't actually switch mods its just that extra characters would make it seem like bfp or something. Extra characters are extra they should be a seperate download is all i'm saying. I also think if yous were to make extra characters they would have more and better moves than everyone else which would be really unfair.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's everyone's beef with custom chars? They seem to act as if they know everything about the characters before they've even been created! BlackFlame claiming that they'd be really powerful, enforcer claiming that it would ruin the "DBZ Feel". The team has 100% creative control in that department. It would be very simple to create a character with abilities and looks and everything that is needed to make is DBZesque. If I could draw for beans, I could do it myself (not that I have any right to as this is not my mod). My point is that all it takes is some creativity to create a character that fits a particular theme, and that's something this team has in spades. They won't do it in a bad way, I assure you. Just an example (borrowing from Gohan's idea) have a new villain like Frieza, etc. And have another char that is supposed to rival him. Perhaps introduce a new species to the unviverse (I'd say something from the future coming back in time but that seems a bit too Cell Saga or GT or whatever. I don't watch the show.)

In any case, custom characters will be done in a good way. Being against custoim characters would be like being against the introduction of new characters besides the ones originally in DB. Like saying "Akira Torimaiya is a fool for creating XXXXX (whatever character) because he wasn't in the original!" The bottom line is this mod needs to grow. And frankly, I bet the team gets sick of working with the same characters all the time. I know I would.

-Karrde-

Best answers
That's part true...it gets boring working on the same old characters (not just the modeling aspect of it either). The customs were a way for us to expand our creativity so to say ;) Me and Zero already have a very intricately laid out story plot for our characters that we feel fits into DBZ nicely without having to actually interfere with the actual DBZ storyline itself. Kinda like a Star Wars Expanded Universe thing. I'm not at liberty to tell y'all anymore than that. :devgrin: But like I said earlier, we're not even concerned with them right now or even for Beta 2. So you shouldn't be either :)

**BTW, the custom characters aren't going to be godlike like some ppl seem to think.**

***Oh yea, there are only about 3-4 DBZ mods out there. Hmm...well, I guess y'all SOL :p ***

****His name is not Lord Zero anymore, but you guys can call him that for the time being.****

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niot many good DBZ mods for HL Left ESF and DMZ ran everyoen out :) both so much better mods then the others.

I like the custom char idea it'll be fun and add a ncie change

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom