Training in game

Best answers
I think this was said by me ages ago i think in Jan but i dont rember. But i think that the characters should beable to train to get stronger, eg Vegeta and Goku getting stronger by going around and going melee moves and pushing there speeds.

I know wat your thinking that some one will hide in a map and just be doing melee move to there so powerful. But this would happen because in my idea your power only goes up lets say a% when training to b% [ where b is much more then a] when people are actually fighting.

and also u will say they will play and get really powerful and when some one joins it will be unfare but then your got to remeber that when u join the game your PL is near theres.

Cause if u think of it this should be because even in real life if hit boxing bags a hell of a lot you get stronger and it happens in DBZ i just think its some thing good

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think there should be a map where it has a training room and you get a certain amount of time to get pl. punching certain objects and jumping so many times (something like that) and then you have to leave once your time is up.

sort of a contest for power before the fight starts. which is where you are teleported to after your time is up.

i don't know if its possible though, just an idea

Best answers
na i like that say its in timecamber and each person has 5 mins in there to train were training increase there power by a high about like your spending alot of time in there and then your teleported to the cell arena and the timecamber is a room under ther arena that would be cool but in other maps the power increase of training should be much lower

Best answers
HERE IS AN IDEA!

How about, (LATER ON, don't think of this being in a release soon) but you could have a game mode similar to the Rocket Arena mods for Quake(s).

If you don't know what this is, I will give a quick explaination:
Basically it is 1 on 1 fights, but more than 2 people can join the server. The other players wait in line while 2 players battle. When 1 dies, the next person in line goes in to fight. And so on...

but! let's join this up with what has been suggested here.... when you lose and go into line again, you could be put into the Time Chamber with all the others waiting in line. In here, you can fight each other and power up while you wait.

Now don't say "this idea is crap because you can only have 2 people in the Time Chamber" remember we aren't cloning the cartoons we are just using it as a base for the look feel and characteristics of the mod.

If you win in the actual arena, you PL raises a large amount compared when you win in hte Time Chamber. Altough, if there is only 4 people on the server, it would have to adjust this accordingly.

Have a think... say what you reckon...

Best answers
well thats basicaly dueling which is cool but then u dont have to worry about the timecamber cause than people could train in the rest of the map while there fighting and they can make it that the people no fightin gcant kill each other its good

i just think the idea of being able to train by yourself is good cause while all of the people cant train Pic can meditate and get stronger

i can see pic in a mediating state with sparks allround him

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a death match game not an rpg...

no training anything if u want to train go beat people up

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
game set and match.

maybe if they ever decide that they are satisfied with multiplayer then they can start working on a sp series that is rpg style.

either that or another multiplayer game mode that utilizes rpg elements.

Best answers
yeah just sitting around doing nothing... that's not what i'd call training. they might've done it in the cartoon, but this is a game. you gotta do something.

Best answers
they should do this on the new kami map where u have like 5 mins to train in hbtc if ur good under like 10 gravity which is like 10000 gravity maybe in hl and when training ur pl goes up and maybe enough to go ssj and the bad guys get 5 mins to train in hbtc no oen can kill each other and when 5 mins r up u r all teleported outside hbtc and it cant be entered all new joiners will be put in there for 5 misn then teleported out id say

ultrassj_vegeta

U
wat wud be the point then??... then ppl wud be like the same.. so theres like err no real point really

Best answers
Another feature i forgot to mention about a 1 on 1 arena type game is that normally the maps (arenas) are a lot smaller than standard DM maps. This might prove good for getting more melee into the game. If you are only short distances from the other player it makes sense to teleport & attack rather than stand there and charge a blast while he teleports up to you and punches you to death.

Or on another note, why not just make a Hyperbolic Time Chamber map?
You might get sore eyes, but hell it would be an easy map to make!

Best answers
i think the idea of training and getting stronger is best left with a single player game. i mean, like others have said, what is the point in being similar or the same? that is the challenge of the game, to overcome your enemies even if they are stronger than you. but i also like the idea, i think maybe the ESF team should work on a single player game after a few more updates.

Best answers
well the idea is not to stay the same level of power. it is to keep winning the 1 on 1 fights and dominate the arena. To help the players that get killed, they could train while "waiting in line" and edge their PL up a little for the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom