The mod for ESF

Best answers
I was wonderin but when u r making the game for ESF y can't u use a better mod than halflife to make it look better and for gameplay or there isnt any other mod then halflife?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people have half life then most other games. Plus the game does not look like a Half Life game it uses more requirements then HL does.

Best answers
WTF are you guys talking about I don't undersstand what you're talking about????Talk normal english!!!

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He is talking about using another game engine for ESF like the Quake3 engine.

Best answers
Ib think you should first totally use up the half-life engine until you can't get any further and then go to the newest engine there is like ut2003 but until then use Half_life,,,it isn't the greatest game ever for nothing!!!

Best answers
I think they've done a hell of alot for just using the halflife engine.
The graphics from the beta rival that from the Quake 3 engine.
Which obvouisly shows us whats up. Its not the engine, its how u use/modify it. :)

Best answers
I'm glad they used the Half life engine, I love HL and everything that has to do with HL, I stopped playing CS and TFC cuz I have so much fun just playing the Alpha of ESF

Banned
Banned
Best answers
The HL engine is one of the easier engines to mod..
Plus, its also home to some of the most popular online games..everybody wants a HL mod..

snoochie-boochies!
:D

Best answers
i just hope my little intel GC can handle the openGL proformance and requirements..:\

Best answers
i hope you guys keep useing half-life engine until half-life2 comes out i dunno if they gonna use same engine or use a totally new one i hope new engine or just do a massive upgrade on half-life engine

Best answers
if they used the same engine, itd do so bad, the half-life engine is so far outdated, plus it has so many limitations it does not rock, but for what the team has done with it...you cant say its anything short of impressive, its by far the most graphically superior mod for hl out, amongst other things...well the beta is atleast :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Gamesage2000
if they used the same engine, itd do so bad, the half-life engine is so far outdated, plus it has so many limitations it does not rock, but for what the team has done with it...you cant say its anything short of impressive, its by far the most graphically superior mod for hl out, amongst other things...well the beta is atleast :p
why outdated? because hl is old?
there are more hl-mods than mod for other games
something is only outdated if you stop using it
and limitations only exist to evade them
that´s the true art of programming

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to see esf on UT2k3, since it would be soo damn cool, the mod tools are very very good for that, but since esf is on hl, and allways has been, they have made it a good game on that, no need for an engi change

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in order to change engines they would need a new coder new modelers mappers and all there work before would be for nothing and would get deleted cause its not usefull

not gonna happen.... ever

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be a whole lot of work.But i still want them to do it.This engine is outdated firefly said it wasnt it is.This engine sux.Its just that esf team is doing such a great job on it.Thats why it looks so good.This is almost like playing on a advanced dos.

Best answers
Why do they have to make it a "mod" any way?Why cant they just make a new game with the up-to-date engines and all:talk:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It owns dbz an d everything in it.Thats why they cant make it a game.:p So they can sue that person.That copyrights

Best answers
if half-life engine sucks why do like 85,000+ people still play it.....theres no other Game out there wit that many people ut2003 has like 4-5,000 people vs 85,000? right....somethings maybe a lil old but they are still good enjoying the classics of fine gaming such as half-life i say keep half-life engine till half-life2 comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom