Map Scale Down

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that the maps are being scaled down, but I was wondering if they could be scaled down even more, to give maps an even bigger look.

And If so, will this happen in any future releases?

Best answers
its already big enough...

and its not the maps that are scaled down, its the characters

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maps, characters, whatever. That's what I meant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maps are scaled down too actually I believe. I don't think being scaled down more will be done though. HL probably couldn't handle it.

Best answers
i just want to say i am glad that the esf staff works hard on there products. cause with out u guys i would be a very unhappy man. i just want to say thank u and keep up the good work.

Best answers
Originally posted by Kama
Maps are scaled down too actually I believe. I don't think being scaled down more will be done though. HL probably couldn't handle it.
no they arent... then it would all be the same size... thats like scaling down a car(model) to not have to pay as much for gasoline, and if they scaled the gasoline(maps) too, it wouldnt make sense

Sound Artist
Best answers
The maps are pretty big. Infact sometimes it's hard to see someone unless they power up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wouldnt work well unless u got a super computer cause u gotta remember the smaller it is the more polygons are on the screen at the same time and that causes fps loss... not to mention it would be hard to see people

Best answers
HL racing scale'd there chars down to 1/10 ours is 1/4.... we all had a debet on what we wanted the scale size to be so it's 1/4. Possibly in future we can make a change to 1/10 but i dont think so because everything is perfect :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Kama
Like Stryker said, there are two other mods that I know of that have "scaled" back they're models even smaller than we have. As for maps being "scaled down", we can't change the scale size WC/Hammer uses for map area. But I think you mean we made the maps to scale :)

Best answers
you must admit, my car/gas analogy was very intriuging :D

im looking forward to huge fricken maps so you have plenty of room to move around

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are the player start entitys gonna be scaled down for the Worldcraft .FGD?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of scale issues, anyone know if someone is planning on converting the existing Rats map to ESF fopr the beta. Not as an official map, just for fun because Rats is a classic and it's probably one of the most converted maps :p I just rewmember playing it in CS and BotM and it was always a total riot :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
Speaking of scale issues, anyone know if someone is planning on converting the existing Rats map to ESF fopr the beta. Not as an official map, just for fun because Rats is a classic and it's probably one of the most converted maps :p I just rewmember playing it in CS and BotM and it was always a total riot :p

-Karrde-
i hate rats maps

it is like playing a serious game like operation flashpoint, but in a toy shop instead of some islands. and instead of real weapons the soldiers of USA have vegetables as weapons (tomate launcher), the russians have meat as weapons (cow tank), and the rebels which defend their shop, have milk products (cheese grenades)

if there is coming out a ofp modification with this things, i will take rebels because of their cheese grenades.

CHEESE!!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
it wouldnt work well unless u got a super computer cause u gotta remember the smaller it is the more polygons are on the screen at the same time and that causes fps loss... not to mention it would be hard to see people
not really aslong as you keep the rspeed reasonable it doesnt matter. you can scale down the models as much as you want. but if you scale them down too much it would be too hard to actually hit eachother.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR

-Karrde-
LOL
that would be fun
I LUVE rats
if that could be possible as fun map......
it would own

Best answers
i think the maps should be as big as possible relative to the character, so scale down away. Having a scouter is no good if you can see most or all of the level in your initial line of sight, and yes, it should be so that you cant hit someone who's on the other side of the map, so multiple battles can go on without interference, and there is lots of room to roam around, and it makes it to where more people can play on the map without it getting crowded. And it would make find the dragonballs mode better, as opposed to 'see the dragonballs right away and pick them up' mode. Buildings and various enclosed spaces would add lots of complexity without increasing the dimensions of the map too much. Its relatively easy to see people across a big map if its just wide open space.

Scale that sucker down, hardcore.

Best answers
The rats map would just make no damn since with esf.Cs is crap so let them use thier crap maps for thier mod only.Seeing dbz characters running and flying around like flys in a giant kitchen would be weird and dumb.Esf will own cs so lets not start thinking about using same maps as cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom