The Hud

Best answers
Hey all Esf fans. I've recently been absent from the relm of computer gaming and came back from my trip to reality to chek out how one of my fav mods was going. To my supprise it is shooting along, with great maps animations and moddels. However there is one thing that buggs me. The Hud. I dont want to offend the Esf team (Great work guys!:yes: ) or anyone else, but it looks crap. I hope its not the final one and please correct me if im wrong. I'd also like to know the rest of the Esf communities fealings about it. Thanx :fight:

Best answers
The hud i could care less about, its the aura that gets to me cause it should have like bright light in it since it cant move like flames in the show.

Best answers
ok u mayhate it but wat pic of the ud are u looking at

the new one, if yes then your got a problem cause i think that is a keeper its cool

Best answers
was it just me or is what half you just said in another language? Anyway, what i was trying to say was that the hud at the moment is better that the original one in the alpha release but i thing that these guys can do alot better, thats all. I was just letting them know, once all the moddeling, texturing, animations and maps are done they should fix up the hud a little. At the moment its to bulky and covers up like 1\4 of the screen, i mean, come one, shrink it and spread it out. something like ki on one side health and power level on the other and have what move your doing in the center... but thats just one mans vision :rolleyes: ...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The True GohaN
I dont want to offend the Esf team (Great work guys!:yes: ) or anyone else, but it looks crap.
I would probably start flamming you right now, but im trying to be nicer to fans, so i wont :)
If you look in the dev journals, you will see that we shrunk the hud...

Best answers
Originally posted by Jonka
The hud i could care less about, its the aura that gets to me cause it should have like bright light in it since it cant move like flames in the show.
theres nothing wrong with the aura.
atleast it doesn't look like bfp's "look im on fire" aura. You'll never get it like the dbz cartoon aura. Well maybe if you have a profesional team of coders and a better egine.

really some of you guys don't realize that the half-life has it's limitations but esf still pushes the engine to get the best out of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. they do a great job on a 4 YEAR engine. Not that Hl doesn't look cool 2 but ESF beta is gona beat its looks.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the current hud looks great. As for the aura, it looks good as well. As stated above, HL just can't do some things. And if there was a lot of bright light in the aura, it'd get really annoying to look at.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The Stinger
Well maybe if you have a profesional team of coders and a better egine.
/me notices a direct insult to harSens and Pcjoe

I don't think you know what you're talking about ;/

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]Vegetto

/me notices a direct insult to harSens and Pcjoe

I don't think you know what you're talking about ;/
by profecinal coders i mean people who get payed for their work and actually can work 24/7 on the code. it wasnt mean as an insult. More like a compliment on how good they code it on an old engine and in their spare time.:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u know most fan coders are much better than pros cause they can do waht ever they want and are much more passionite about it

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
u know most fan coders are much better than pros cause they can do waht ever they want and are much more passionite about it
You know what, thats a good point! Coders that are payed to do **** dont have a choice. Fan coders do it because they want to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unless u like what ur codeing its never gonna be quite as good as if u cared about it :p

Best answers
Thanx PC Joe for the pic, as i said before i've been absent from the world of computer gaming, then new hud looks alot better and i like the fact that the ki and powerlevel are in the same bar. But what i find most amusing is that everyone can get into an argument involvind the hud and end up talking about the fact the hl engin is 4 years old :p

Best answers
Its partially true to say what hibiki said about pro programmers. But its not entirely true. You can't just generalize programmers like that. Great programmers are great programmers. Sure i know there are many programmers who don't give a **** about anything they code, and are in for the money, but there are also a lot of great programmers who really enjoy what they do, and do it with a passion. Otherwise, we wouldnt have so many great games out there, and if your aware of the gaming scene, dozens of great games have been pouring in recently.

Thats my two cents about that.

Well, the hud looks better now, not so bulky, but his idea of dispersing it across the screen isn't too bad either. There are many games like that, purpose being to make even a lesser obstruction of the screen.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well of course we can easily get onto the topic that the engine is old. That kinda applies to every aspect of HL Mods.If you're talking about the HUD, you'll invariably start talking about some other graphical thing and that will lead to ppl suggesting the impossible which leads to someone pointing out that the engine just can't do that :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
your signature still doesnt work gohan, i dont see the picture only the url hehe. You gotta add

Best answers
I'd rather the HUD be in one spot so I can see everything at once without looking at different parts of the screen.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I really like that about this HUD.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom