Disintegrating!!!

Best answers
i watched the episodes with Garlic Jr in them when he comes back while goku is in space.

and i was watching Gohan figthing his lackeys and when he fires his attacks they Disintegrate . this reminded me of Goku vs Pref Cell were the kame wave disintegrates cell.

my suggestiong is that if a person dies in a explotion that they should disintegrateand no leave a body were if u die by meele u leave a body which disappears.

this is also good because if the person being fired at teleports away the person shooting may think there dead because theres nuttin there and the other person can attack WITH THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
somethin like this was suggested a while ago can rem the outcome of it tho

Best answers
This would work well in theory(can u believe i am saying this?) but then in practice it would be really.... not good.

Best answers
It makes it to complicated.
You may think that its good when you can get the element of surprise, but it ruins the game by making it seem impossible to kill anyone.
This is just my opinion

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but i tink 18 is right the game will be difficult enough with 6 or more other players around you firing all kinds of beams atcha!!!

Cold Steel ==|=======>

Best answers
i think you forgot about the little messages that appear at the top of the screen whenever you kill someone...

Best answers
Lol, yea you can tell when someone is killed by seeing the message on upper left corner saying who got killed by who. What you guys are disagreeing about wont happen since no one will get confused on who gets killed.....That idea by the way would make it more realistic:)

Best answers
Originally posted by L33T ha4or
somethin like this was suggested a while ago can rem the outcome of it tho
The outcome was that most of the people like the gibs :p

Best answers
I think this sounds like a really good idea. When you think about it, all the Disintegrating is replacing is an explodeing body. To me, Disintegrating sounds really cool, and it would add alot of the anime DBZ edge to it, and make it seem less half-life-ish. I personaly don't see why it would be a bad thing, when all it is, is just another dieing effect.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's a good point, the desintegrating would take another Half-Life effect out. When you play the beta, you hardly notice that it's a Half-Life mod. The gibs are (almost) the only thing that reminds you of the fact that it IS a Half-Life mod.
But the question is: how would you make the desintegrating effect? Just let the person fade away?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you disentegrate from a ki blast that kills you, not gibs but some some kind of blood drenched dust or small particles of skin should fall.

i mean think about the gameplay for a 1/4 the size of a regular model, it would take a while to get all the way across the map and killing someone would probably be a large distance most of the time.

so whatever happens at a certain level of attack point wouldn't really make a difference.

Best answers
Everyone knows that the animated version of DBZ has been edited a little so that kids can watch it (just a little..). Disintegration is one of those tricks. If you take a look at the manga, things are a bit more bloody. Gohan's massacre of the Cell jr.'s for example was a series of *poofs* of smoke in the show, as they "disintegrated" from the force of his attacks. The manga portrays still his strikes as incredibly strong but also as actual impacts. I.e. he chops right through a cell jr's head, etc. and little bits of brain, shell, and eyeball explode from the impact.
I don't think the gibs are that out of place, and I'm not sure that the work involved in replacing or even removing them is really worth it.

Just a thought.

Really, wouldn't you guys rather see "dust clouds/waves" as you move at turbo speed over the surface of the earth or any of a dozen other effects the team could work on for any post-beta releases?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [UCB]Hi_There!
Gohan's massacre of the Cell jr.'s for example was a series of *poofs* of smoke in the show, as they "disintegrated" from the force of his attacks. The manga portrays still his strikes as incredibly strong but also as actual impacts. I.e. he chops right through a cell jr's head, etc. and little bits of brain, shell, and eyeball explode from the impact.
O_O OMG! I wish they'd show that on TV!

Ahem, but anyway... how would you show desintegration (like the Gohan - Cell PS) in ESF?

Best answers
yeah i would rather see ambient (?) effects like dust and waves when you fly just off the surfaces of the maps. And people getting pushed around by someone powering up big time... but i dont know how you would code that, and it might be wierd cos you wouldn't see any forces, just get pushed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how on earth would they animated disintigration?

Best answers
when they are hit with a beam that kills them u dont seee the person because the beam disintegrated them.u dont really see it and if u did it would just be a faster animation of the bodys disapearing whene there on the floor

Best answers
mmm this seems very trivial for such a small effect on the game.

if you notice, in the cartoon when they win big beam fights and disintergrate the opponent, the beam blasts past into them and keeps going. in the game it just blows up when it hits doesn't it? Or has this been changed in beta1?

I personally think that if they just dissappear when hit it will look more like a bug in the game and people will be WTF?!!?!

Best answers
Just do it like they did in Jedi Knight 2 with the sniper rifle, little boxes until gradually nothing.

Best answers
K what u have said sounds good and here's Y.

1. If u doge a beam like this and dude r firing ki at you from all over the place when u doge the beams could continue on to hit others players so techniqully(if thats how u spell it) it wouldn't be imposible to kill people and like the other dude said its just another dying animation...

But down side............

Programmering geniuses take longer to make mod ......delying it for realease......but I reckon they should keep this for future reference.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom