Combo Attacks?

Best answers
I dont know if this had been said but here goes;
Each character could have a certain melee combo. I dont mean just a punch, kick, punch, kick etc, but i think that every character could have a unique combo.
Anyone who has played hyper dimension (snes game) should know what i mean.
When you were goku, you did the tripple kick attack.
When you were vegeta, you did the tripple knee attack.

I know that this would be hard to code for, getting everyone a unique attack combo, but it might be cool
Sorry if this has been said before

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a pretty F*king good idea. If you ever played Dragonball remix you would notice that all players have different combo attacks.If this would be added to esf,then it would allmost reach perfection!!!!!!

Cold Steel:D

Best answers
i like that idea...
yer and like Frezzer can use his tail to slamthem to the ground and yer thats good

Best answers
Yeh, every character can have their own combo's, and maybe when you transform you get a new one ??

Best answers
If you like combo's, go play dragonmodz....
(http://dmz.flagrun.net/)
We're a fps, not a new Mortal Combat :p

Seriously, combo's have a few disadvantages
1. They're a pain to code.
2. They can easily be hacked if you do them clientside, and if you do them serverside the lagging people will be hurt.
3. Combo's are a pain to perform on a keyboard, and aiming is a pain on a joypad.

Best answers
thats a good point hars....but What if it was done that like once a person is down to a certian hp, and you do a melee attk on them it would go into a combo sequence for the finishing move to kill them....That is a pain to code but it would be cool as hell :p

Best answers
What about combo MOVES not combos where you have to push buttons a certain order. Like for instance, lets say if you just left click you do a normal smash melee. But if you hold it down and charge the melee, and you release it, you fly at them and unleash a combo. The longer you charge it the more moves in the combo your character does, and the last move in the combo smashes them.

Best answers
Or you can just select what combo you wanan do and just click left mouse to do it?

Best answers
Selecting combos from the move list isnt a terrible idea exept I dont think its worth it. And as for pushing buttons in a certain order, if you like that play dragonmod z like harsens said. I though a combo as a finishing move might work...Cause if you just hit the with melee for the last attk to finish them it would go into a combo scene/sequence where u have no control, it would just to a series of punches and kicks and then a finisher and the person would die hehehe

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose you're right but the idea is cool.....

Cold Steel ==|=======>

Best answers
Choosing combo moves from a list would be way too annoying, there are already so many moves to select, and in this fast paced game even more things to select are not needed. I just thing that melee should be a charge attack. If you just press it without charging, though, you'd do the single smash attack that is in the beta now. for every other second or so that it's charged would be a move before the smash, with the highest combo like 6 hits or something.

Best answers
Sure the whole idea about a combo sounds cool and all, but consider this. In order to do a combo sequence, wouldn't you have to like lock onto them? Because, I dont see how you could go into a fighting sequence and miss while the other person was still alive. Second, you wouldn't be able to dodge the attack. I dont know about you guys, but I think it would be cool if it went into a sequence AFTER you killed them. It would be an easy way of doing it, and it would look really cool too. What do you guys think?

Best answers
yeah i like Kahla's idea. it sounds a little better, cos you wouldn't care that you are getting bashed to hell if you're already dead! :)

This is like the limit break moves as well! Only using a different way to trigger it (you dont need a meter to be full). I think things like this (combos) could incorporate FX of moves that would otherwise not be featured in the game. So it should be a real consideration to be added i think. Who agrees?

Oh, and not added to the first release, into a later one.

Best answers
How about if your first hit hits, the rest of the hits hit. If your first hit misses, the rest of the combo obviosly doesn't happen. It's not like you CAN'T miss a melee hit, otherwise we'd have the same problem that you are talking about without combos.

Best answers
Maybe you could charge up the combo, and the more you do, the more damage you do.
It could also be like dmz (sorry) hyper punch where you fly a bit forward when you release the button, making it a little harder to dodge.
The more you hold the mouse down;
1. further you can go doing the combo
2. the more attacks therefore leading to more damage

Best answers
i dont think this game needs combos...
like i have said in many treads b4 this...

Combos will make n00bs strong...
Prof's will become n00s if they dont stop playing then...

Most prof's will leave the game.. (I think ^_^)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about right or left click combos.

pressing the left click (Punch button) once makes you lock on and fling at them ready to hit, then right clicking lands a kick after you hit them.

but from the beta videos it shows a one hit knockout, where one melee hit sends them reeling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are still talking about the alpha :D : left click is now Melee Swoop, right click is Melee Attack. The Swoop doesn't actually do damage, it just makes you fly at your target. And punching in the beta isn't as simple as it might seem... especially when fighting Joe :fight: .

Best answers
swooping? cool. as the old man in pootie tang would say: "I wannnnnnt iiiiiiiit!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom