HL engine to other?????

Best answers
Godday

Hope this is the right place for this question, but I was just wondering I was reading some posts here on the ESF Forum that HarSens is working with the Code and the SDK source code for the engine, but anyway I just read that on www.dragonballquake.com they needed a good C++ programmer, and so I thought. How closely related are the HL engine with the Q3 engine.... what i'm comming at is would it be possible for the ESF team to make similar mod for another engine such as Q3, because eventually HL will be outdated (maybe already).

Anyway hope you got that, because it's NOT well written.

Super Saiya-jin Goku

Best answers
There is no way the team would change engines. It would mean starting all over.

Best answers
well,.. the team wont change the engines...
But,... a Quake engine could be a good idea, but the mod is better to th HL engine... ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it is possible for the team to switch engines, but that they would have to start all over!! Also, Quake 3 is coded in C, where as Half-Life is coded in C++, so u cant really just convert the code very easily!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not a 100% sure but you can mod quake in C++ & C because C++ is just C with more commands. Also the team wont be changing the engine a seriously doubt. Half-Life outdated!!! Thats why one of its mods is the most played online game! :p The Half-Life engine is more versatile than what people give it credit for, just look at Pcjoes tansformation graphics, they are excellent.(although they half may FPS :p)

BrunO

Best answers
Actually, the problem of the transforms fx/powerup fx significantly reducing your fps is due to the fact that the fx is hitting the camera so to say. If you have the camera hackpak for NWN (the one that allows you to change your camera into any viewing mode) and you move the camera right up to the character so that it is on the character, you notice the fps drops too. Same principle here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom