A Flying effect

Best answers
This might make the mod a little cooler.
How about when you fly past water, it shoots up like in the show? I dont mean moving the water, but make a couple of sprites or something.
Also dirt can fly up when your close to the ground???

Best answers
I think the beta 1 release will have dirt or rocks that fly up when you are powering up on the ground, I dont think it is there when you fly past. I would like to see this in the game. The only downer is if you have a slower computer it would lag up if lots of people got to doing it.

I don't know if you can do it, but could you make a *client* side setting, where you could switch these features off? So if you have say, gfx_flyingfx = 1 it would show these effects, and if it was set to 0 it wouldn't?

And who has the slowest computer here? and what is it? Most people would have a 600Mhz or higher nowadays wouldn't they? (Especially if they are playing games)

Best answers
It is a very nice idea idd, would look cool, but I'm not sure if they're able to do it :)

Best answers
They could pull that off no problem, but I'd rather them first finish on the essencials first. Only add that in if they have time.

Best answers
There would be pretty much no lag
They would be sprites, which means very small files...

This could also work for beam attacks?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it could work like Joe's particle system.

The beam(Sprite) hits the terrain causing rocks(sprites) to go everywhere.

Going turbo makes all your attacks stronger so it could be considered an attack.

You aura could tally hit points on the ground like a beam does when it comes in contact with something.

some alpha maps have terrain block stacks. you can usually destory the higher plateau so if you stood in the ground long enough in turbo mode or powering up it would eventually cause enough damage to make the ground explode.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
theres a pic of vegeta powerin up ova the water.. so yeh its all coool.... pcjoes like particle system or summin

Best answers
ooooo me likey hwoarang's idea about the terrain having "hit points"! That would be uber kikass.

Best answers
Should being in turbo on/near the ground have the same effect as powering up (i.e. dust rings/water ripples)? Now that would look cool! Maybe being within a given range (determined by powerlevel) should cause an animated white& transparent decal/sprite to be temporarily applied over the ground/water surface? If the sprite was an expanding ring that disappeared after a given scale (again possibly determined by powerlevel?) , it would simulate waves/dust-rings kicked up by turbo movement and powerup rather well.

Check this out and set it to "circles"
http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Effects/Mouse_Trailers/Water_Mo-Yugo-129/index.php

This is basically what I'm imagining with the player entity as reference point rather than a mouse pointer. If the idle state (while still in turbo) was to continue generating small circles which then expanded before disappearing, it'd be perfect.

Thanks for reading

<added:
The nice thing about the sprite is that it doesn't have to be rendered just animated... the dust cloud is already in PCJoe's stuff
>

Best answers
yep thats what i was imagining. and for over dust you could have a ring of dust that raises up off the ground a little rather than a white "surf" ring that would be for water.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rocks that explode beneath you because you're powering up like a madman sounds cool i'd like to see that!!!!

Cold steel ==|=======>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it could be done with joes fx stuff and it does look cool when ur power up aura gets stuck on and the fx dont go away and the rings of dust dont go away.. looks very shnazzy

Best answers
Hibiki, are you being sarcastic?

I assume you aren't, but just in case: the suggestion is that the dust/aura does go away, but it persists for a little longer in an expanding pattern.

(I imagine Joe's powerup effects following you would look pretty cool, too.)

Just wondering.

Best answers
Yeah that's a great idea, it could be like when Gohan goes SS in the second Brolli Movie and all the rocks just fall off and explode. If the rocks don't fade away, and you're trapped under the rocks (if they dont just use sprites, but big solid rocks), you could power up, with light shining out through the cracks in the rocks, and the rocks either flying away or just floating around the person.

Don't mind me...I'm Kwazy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i meant hats a current semi glitch bug thing in the beta where sometimes ur power up fx's get stuck on and its always doing the ripple thing and it looks very cewl

Best answers
umm fate, that might be pushing it a little much :p
But would be really cool if you could make rocks explode by powering up on them!

Best answers
i was thinking maybe we could help out the team by working out some algorithms for some different fx. I guess they might already have what they want worked out, but it couldn't hurt to offer some more could it?

when i say algorithms i mean just base maths stuff, not full on C code.

Best answers
Thank Hibiki, that's what I hoped you meant.
Just out of curiosity, how would that look for turbo? Does it lag too much when it happens?

Sweet.

Best answers
yea thats a hot idea 18, it'd make a really cool effect, i think they could also make a whirlpool effect sorta (a small one) when powering up over water...like wen vegito did the big bang attack to Super Buu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom