Melee question...

Best answers
Is there a new melee system or is it the same as the old one where its slow and doesnt do much. Ummm like is it more like lets say mortal kombat where you have a punch and kick button and different levels of them.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current melle system is awesome (from what I've seen in the vids). Basically you can launch ppl in the air, slam 'em into the ground, etc. There's a few vids of it somewhere.

-Karrde-

Best answers
This game in now completley based on the melee system, and beams are basically secondary now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup though i find beams used more at the super high pl's

Best answers
its gunna be hard to fight a HL engine game in melee mode, i mean wen u think about its its gunna be the same thign as in knifing in CS, or crowbarring in HL i dont think it gonna be easy unless the team does some super magical cool thing to make it like mortal combat styled

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can u say its hard when u havent even play it or tested the melee

Best answers
cuz all mods for the HL engine r the same melee wise, take my word on this i have 42 HL mods and its all da same

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its gonna be hard "if" (Hibiki) they don't use the lock on system they already have.

Best answers
Well SaiyanElitez I think your "word" is meaningless right now. cause it is easy to use the melee system. i won't give any details though. Just don't compare this mod to any other. because ESF is nothing like other mods.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, what Stryker said :)

Best answers
we all want details!
u r running a cover up conspiracy arent u esf team

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
NO, they actually had a melee video on the homepage for a while

:rolleyes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice vid, watching it for the 3rd time i realize that you have a lock on system for the melee.

i was also wondering if you would make a video of just flying around with and without turbo. just to get a view to the speed of the game.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the latest build, it gives you a nice little recticle(sp), so you know who your targeted on to, helps a lot...

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanElitez
its gunna be hard to fight a HL engine game in melee mode, i mean wen u think about its its gunna be the same thign as in knifing in CS, or crowbarring in HL i dont think it gonna be easy unless the team does some super magical cool thing to make it like mortal combat styled

I don't think so, I think it would be just as hard as creating a melee on a Q3 engine. That worked out just fine (BFP)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee in most mods sucks because they basically port the crowbar with new models and animations lol. Next to Bushido Half Life, no mod has actually attempted a well done melee system (the one in ESF is so different though so I don't put it in with general melee systems).

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by esf_STRYKER
Well SaiyanElitez I think your "word" is meaningless right now. cause it is easy to use the melee system. i won't give any details though. Just don't compare this mod to any other. because ESF is nothing like other mods.
how can u be so sure? have u played every mod in existence related to dbz? im pretty sure u haven't

Best answers
Ive played so many mods for half-life and esf beta is totally different so just stop trying to argue about that it isnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom