After Beta Idea

Best answers
Heres an idea for a patch or something for the beta. You know when you fly over water? there should be lil waves that follow behind you, it'd look so cool. also when beams fly over water. like its a really cool effect that looks raw as hell.

Goku --------->
Wave ------->

doncha think it'd look cool?

or
Beam ------------->
Wave --------->

It'd make the water alot more fun place to fight.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
totally agreed

if they could make that

damn that would look SO cool

Best answers
Amazing idea! And when you charge the water waves out even more? It would look cool and give off that much more effect when you are playing.

By charging and making more waves you have to be close to the water for there to be a difference.... the same idea could be applied to dust? It would make this just that much better.... who else agrees?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there already was something with charging (and with dust and with water

pc joe showed it some time ago..

Best answers
yeah it'd be good. we've discussed it before but never i never noticed anyone say to have the beams making disturbances on the water/dust. would be cool.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure it could work but it would look very odd on sucky servers cause the trail might be like 9 feet ahead of it

Best answers
well like everything else in ESF you can toggle it on or off for the server...like sv_waves whatever and you gotta admit, it'd look raw

Best answers
I admit, thinking about how it could look makes me want to do it myself... but hey if they can do it...amazing if not...dah well ...... game still kicks ass!

Best answers
you should also make it toggleable on the client side. this way slow PC users can switch it all off to improve performance.

Best answers
dats a mad idea !!
i reckon add it in beta 2 (i know its a long way away, but still mad idea)

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think it would be pretty neat. :D
Hibiki you always have something negative to say dont you..? :p

Best answers
If there is some way to make that work, it would be very cool :) :yes:

Best answers
Yeah, I agree!

But considering I am a lowed end user :( it would have to be client side as well...

If it creates massive lag and FPS problems, I would rather it get left out for sake of us 56k modem peeps! ;)

Best answers
I guess its an option for us Cable and T1 users then.... I mean its not fair to the lower connection people... but to keep everyone from having the expirenece would be just as bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i kinda agree, it would case alot of lag i would think, but if not, im all for it

im on a 1mb line, but im thinking of the cute lil 56kers here :)

Best answers
As we all do, I mean really... I remember for the month I had a 56K connection........ So I know the way it is.... and I think they would agree that just because they have a down fall doesn't mean we should all miss out.

Best answers
it shouldn't really affect connections since all HL has to know is where the beam is and on the client side it can work out if its near water and add the waves. but of course lower end PC's would be effected.

Best answers
i only play games at LANs really, although i got no uni work now so maybe i can waste some time playing games again now. But I agree that this would be cool :) alls you gotta do is make it toggleable client side.

Best answers
I agree heartily, further, this has been suggested twice in the past with the same acclaim

http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7662&highlight=water+effect

http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8122&highlight=water+effect

This is still the easiest way I see for it to work (with animated sprites painted on the surface of the ground/water).
Activate the flash movie and select the circle option:
http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Effects/Mouse_Trailers/Water_Mo-Yugo-129/index.php

You could also add a 3D V-shaped (from above) white spray of dust/water (as long as it's white the same thing will work) with the player at its apex while they're moving above a certain speed on the ground/water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom